Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizers..?

Old 03-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stabilizers..?

Limbsaver S-coil does the job of what? NOT WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION! The only thing you can count on is dampening the noise and shock, so I consider the S-coil as a noise dampener tool, not a stabilizer.
I agree 100%. I tried one last week on a Tribute I was testing and found it basically useless.I also use a Stealth and after trying a few recently have come to realize just how effective the Stealth are. Try one you won't be dissappointed.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a 10" AEP on the 2" quick disconnect for a total of 12" on my hunting/HC bow (the Allegiance). For my open class/spots bow (Consitution) I have a 31.5" doinker carbon elite.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

Limbsaver S-coil does the job of what? NOT WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION! The only thing you can count on is dampening the noise and shock, so I consider the S-coil as a noise dampener tool, not a stabilizer.
I have shot the s-coil and it works, have u used it , cause if you have you would see that it works as both
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Barth

I have shot the s-coil and it works, have u used it , cause if you have you would see that it works as both
Actually, I have used it and is IMHO great for dampening vibration and quieting things down, and a good choice for an economical hunting stabilizer. It will not however get the weight out and away from the bow to help slow down and minimize range of motion - i.e. pin/scope float. Go screw in a 12" AEP or 11.5" doinker elite on the front of your bow and see how much the pin/scope floats on a 60 yard target as compared to a s-coil. You will see that getting the weight further from the bow like this will help you control that float and range of movement. There is an awesome link on this topic somewhere out there that explains a LOT on stabilizers, but the search is down on AT.com and I can't seem to find it on here. Maybe I will post if up later if I can find it.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:13 AM
Spike

Fuse 10 inch and love it
Old 03-09-2006, 11:34 AM

10" Fuse!!! Works great and has awesome balance!!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Barth

I have used it, for I own one. The S-coil is a marketing lie, because it does not stabilize the bow in drifting sights or weight distribution. The only this the S-Coil does is dampen the noise and reduce shock. It is simple as that. The only reason Limbsaver markets it as a "stabilizer for a affordable price" is that it fits in your stabilizer area, making it really an extended piece of navcom, not a counter weight. There is a big difference in the definition. And because I have one, I can definately say it does not work as a stabilizer, it works for noise and shock softner. Again, big difference in definition and the actual purpose that the S-Coil does and a real stabilizer will do to your shots.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I alsouse the Stealth and really like it
Old 03-10-2006, 01:41 AM

I just replaced my old (95) steel 6 inch stabilizer with a 7 in. NAP 500 and love it. Very quiet and helped balance the bow, used to lean back , now the bow stays straight up and down
Old 03-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

After reading this thread and getting somewhat educated, I changed stabilizers on my bow. I took off a 5" Vibracheck gel and put on a 7" Alpine Pro-flex with a forward weight. What a difference! The vibracheck really didn't do much to stabilize my bow at all. I guess I didn't really know what pin float was until it was gone. My bow doesn't need much in the way of vibration absorption and I found out what a stabilizer is for. Now do I stick with the Alpine or experiment some more?
Thank you to those of you who made it clear what a stabilizer is for. I noticed a marked improvement in accuracy with the forward weight and longer stabilizer. Man it pays to be on this site!

Quick Reply: Stabilizers..?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.