Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Constitution or Old Glory ?

Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Constitution or Old Glory ?

I am considering buying for the first time a bow fromBowtech. I have a 32" draw. Which model would I be better off with ? The Constitution or Old Glory ?I use the bow for hunting and 3D. I currently shoot an Ovation and pro Tec.
Thanks,
DetLieut
Old 03-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Constitution or Old Glory ?

If you want an 06, the Old Glory is the only one with a long enough draw length. An 05 Constitution would be long enough. Both have similar brace height at 8 to 8 1/4". Either would work for you, but I'd choose an 06 OG due to the ability to change draw length with modules. And the option of smooth or fast modules.The 05 Constitution is draw length specific.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 PM

DetLieut,

Very easy decision based on what phil already stated above about the cam mods plus the fact that you will be doing some hunting with your new bow. The Old Glory is a perfect combination for what your requirments are. I had to make the same decision. If you were going to just shoot target only, then get the Constitution, otherwise the Old Glory is the way to go.

Funny you shoot an Ovation...that was the bow I almost purchased until I shot the Old Glory. It's always excitting to getnew things, I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:34 AM

whatever you choose, i think you'll begin saying ' i used to shoot a slowvation.' (now come on, this is what mathews shooters who shoot the bow call it, i didn't make it up)
Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 PM

I would get an 05 constitution. First off the 05 constitution is much better than the 06 (somebody had their head up their yas when the came out with the new cams). The speed difference between a constitution and OG is so little you might as well have the much more forgiving constitution. It's only 2" difference in length, I cannot imagine that being a big difference hunting. Just one man's opinion.