Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Newman1...check this out!

Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Hey Newman1...check this out!

Newman1,

Since the forum is slow today I figured it's a good time to list my updated profile. Check out the revision below.They shouldbe here in 2 more days.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Hey Newman1...check this out!

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!.What made you go with those??Give me all the juicy info.You know all that brainiac stuff[8D].
Old 02-28-2006, 02:05 PM

First priority was a 300-spine arrow. Then came the matching total weight of arrow to my game of choice. Blacktail deer are lighter in weight as compared to whitetails, so a heavy (440 grain plus) arrow is not required with my bow to get a pass through. Furthermore, a lighter arrow will help my trajectory and range estimation some. Some states near me (Idaho) have a 400-grain minimum arrow weight for hunters, so I took that into consideration. I talked to Tim G at GT and this is what he recommended for my specs. He hunts with the GT UL 300 spine arrows and has had no complaints. He also talked me into a 3 degree off-set 3-inch low profile (.380) VaneTec vane vs. my 4-inch high profile (.480) VaneTec Vanes. Should give me better clearance from rest and increase my FOC just enough to counteract the weight of my white arrow wraps. Good vane size match for mechanicals. I’m going to start building them myself with all flo green fletching. Tim gave me some great tips on arrow building. He builds arrows like I reload for my long-range rifle. Arrow building tools are on the way. Total arrow weight should be right at 409 grains with a speed of 295 fps. Puts me at 5.8 grains per pound of draw weight with an estimates 7.5-8% FOC. If my accuracy gets worse with 295 fps, then I’ll have to make some changes. I almost ordered the A/C/C 300 spine arrows, but decided to try these out first.

So did you comply with your concrete wall test yet?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you saw this, but thought it was interesting. Resembles some of the Bowtech threads over there.gold tip experience
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

Maybe you saw this, but thought it was interesting. Resembles some of the Bowtech threads over there.gold tip experience

Oh no I feel my OCD kicking in again, where are my pills....

You guys know me better than this....trust me, if they are out of limits and I can't get them back into limits with trimming from both ends then they are going back to GT. I will be weighing, measuring and micing each one (fingers crossed). If they have QC problems (all companies do), then I will do my best toorder from a supplier who knows how to get the selected shafts that meet listed requirements. Thanks for the article, I'll keep an eyeout.

Edit: I'd like to add that if these suckers last longer than 3 trips to the range without cracking at nock end;I will be making a step in the right direction. I'll give you an update on what I receive.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:26 PM

I will be picking up my bow on Thursday and will take care of that, and will post the results.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 PM

Edit: see new post.