Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Limb?

Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Bowtech Limb?

aren't there different grades and processes used by manufacturers when cutting the limbs?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigbulls, I'm thinking that would pertain to thier ZR-200 and/ or theirReflex line-up?

Gibblet, (I know your playing coy with your answer, but I'll play along)that's whatI keep reading, different grades, deflections and who knows what else at the specs requested by the specific bow manufacturer.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:42 AM

I had a partial dry fire a few weeks ago with my Tribute so I took her to the shop and she was ok'd for shooting no damage. I also tried an old trick to double check by taking a cotton ball and rubbing the limbs, as expected NO SNAGS! I have shot over 300 arrows thus far and no issues.

Still love it. Except I think I might go with the smooth MOD for Turk season, my shoulder is killing me.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

hope u like ur new bow
Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 AM

According to Hoyt, the laminated split-limbs on their Tec-style bows are made by Hoyt (using Hoyt's patented technology). Perhaps production of their solid limbs wereat one timecontracted out (which would satisfy any legitimacy issues of Gordon's claim). Has anyone ever heard of a Hoyt split-limb failing under normal use (that is, without dropping, slamming in a truck door, trampling by a bull-moose, etc.)?...I haven't!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I have an UltraTech on order. After reading what I have read about Bowtech I am going to buy one this summer or as soon as my wife is forgets how much I spent. Which ever comes first. If Bowtech takes care of their customers as well as everyone indicates how can I loose? High performance comes with a price and as long as it is not customer service I will be happy. I work on high performance cars and I just wish BMW took as good care of their customers as Bowtech does. I am sold.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:42 PM
bigcountry

I did some talking around the bowshops. As I have a 04 liberty. And talked to a proshop employee explaining he has seen a few Allegiences, but no liberty. Made me feel little better.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Gordon Glass supplies products in some shape or form to almost every bow manufacturer. That is NOT to say that Gordon makes almost every limb.......big difference! Their products are used by those manufacturers who build their own laminated limbs.

I would not say Bowtech has experienced cracked limbs from lots of HNI members, some yes. As gibblet says, Bowtech has taken care of the original owners. If you will read another site's recent posts, it seems they have banned a few people who were posting false reports about cracked limbs. In fact it was found that one particular person was using several different computers with different IP addresses to post false reports.....at least that is what I have read.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:28 PM

I have had 2 Bowtech bows and both bows had limb failures ( 3 set of limbs so far ). It also happens that I bought the 2 most troublesome bows that they made, 05 80#allegiance and 05 black knight. Now customer service has been great so far, but sitting around and waiting for limbs or bows to come in gets old quick.

Limbs are limbs. I have found that it is bow/riser design that is adding to these failures. Different bows put different pressures/stresses on limbs before and after the shot. Riser/Cam System Amay never fail a limb while Riser/Cam SystemB may have a 80% failure rate ------- thats the way it is.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are referring to the "other" message board there is a little something to all the posts you've read on there. Aparently, there were people on there that just set out to ruin Bowtech's rep. If I'm not mistaken these same people had very few posts on there, except the "My Bowtech blew up" posts and most of which were linked to the same computer.

Its funny, since that all came to light, there isn't much Bowtech slamming going on over there these days.

I have two, both 05's. An Allegiance and an Old Glory. I shot the heck out of my Allegianc last year with ZERO problems. Same thing with a used OG I just bought. All manufacturers will have an issue here and there. Think about how much stress todays bows are under. There is a ton more energy being created out of these things these days.

Its amazing how much noise Bowtech is creating in this industry right now and how many people just can't stand to see someone shootinga bow other than what they shoot. Sounds like a lot of jealousy to me.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Limb?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.