Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Hmm, I don't know what the problem is that the others are having with the GKF rests but I have shot them for years. I continue to use them on all of my bows. I tend to prefer the Golden Premier and Infinity models myself. Both will fit on all of the Bowtech bows I have owned/tried.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:14 PM

its not an issue with the products, but rather with the state of affairs at headquarters. something's not right at the present time.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

MM88

Why not just tie the rest cable to the BT cable slide, it has the tab built in.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure I fully understand why a back tension release would be any more critical to shoot vs. say an index release with a drop away rest? A properly shot index release is shot with back tension anyway?

I'm trying to roll that logic around a bit here and I'm not tracking.......

I'm sure Tim Gillingham who won the Lancaster indoor classic this year back to back with the ASA 3D pro class in Gainsville with a Trophy Taker would wonder the same thing.......along with a bunch of other pros who rely on drop away rests/ back tension combos.
In theory a solid blade or spring loaded launchershould bemore consistent shot to shot but they can also be more critical to arrow spine and tuning arrow to arrow not to mention fletching contact etc.
I think if there was one truly best rest set-upthen EVERY pro would use it so as not to put themselves at a disadvantage. I know all pros have a rest sponsor, but pretty much every manufactuer of rests offers conventional as well as drop away models and the fact that there is any mix at all in the pro ranks tells me that there is no single best choice.

I shoot an 06' Old Glory with back tension and a GKF Infiniti Drop away served into the down cable now.......I would guess that the guys I shoot with in my 3D league would be REALLY unhappy to hear that I had switched to a conventional rest.
Everything seems pretty consistent to me?

Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I shoot an 06' Old Glory with back tension and a GKF Infiniti Drop away served into the down cable now.......I would guess that the guys I shoot with in my 3D league would be REALLY unhappy to hear that I had switched to a conventional rest.
Everything seems pretty consistent to me?[qoute]

Matt,

What is your cam configuration on your 06 OG with that rest? How many timing dots do you have showing above top limb and below bottom limb? Also what is your let-off percentage?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, I realize what you're saying and I do agree with you also. However, this is just what I've been told by a couple guys that have me in "training". One of the gentleman has quite a few state indoor titles to his name from many years back. The other guy, well, I"m not so sure about his "expertise" but he does shoot well. Both are in the mid to upper 590 averages.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I would much rather stick with the TT honestly. I understand why a drop away tied to the cable would cause a timing variance with back tension, but I have no proof, and honestly, I don't think he does either. I know its been provent that they do have an effect on let off of the binary cam bows though. Not sure about other brands.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy I shoot the NAP QT 3000 on my Patriot and it shoots like a dream.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I found a video host

Old 02-28-2006, 07:05 AM

looks more like a hand squeeze than back tension.

yep, definately a hand squeeze with a fake follow thru.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:10 PM

It shouldn't make a difference what type of rest and release you use. You could shoot off the shelf if you wanted to and be accurate, especially with target tipped arrows and propper fletching. I think you are thinking too much and whoever is giving you advice just doesn't like drop a ways or something.

For a fixed rest I use the Platinum Premier and love it, very solid rest. The quick tune 3000 are nice as well, just not built as strong as the other. The 3-D rover would work too, and be a bit cheaper. I also agree a spring steel launcher would be better yet. My guess would be most will never tell a difference though. There are so many other things I would concentrate on before worrying about this. Like form, release and follow thru. Lots of blind and blank bale shooting.

Paul

Quick Reply: Bowtech Arrow Rests, what fits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.