Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Istalling a peep-without bowpress?

Old 02-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Istalling a peep-without bowpress?

I just squeeze my bow like a thigh master and install the peep. Whats the problem?
Old 02-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I just squeeze my bow like a thigh master and install the peep. Whats the problem?

HUH,,, Are you nutts?

Old 02-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol
Old 02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Bowmaster portable press is the best archery tool I've bought in a long time. It works great on my Bowtech Patriot.

But.....Since the boe already has a kisser and not a peep sight, sounds lke a perfect opportunity to go peepless. I went peepless 2 years ago and have never looked back.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:41 AM

I see I can get a bowmaster portable bow press,for a little over$40.00.Iwill try that.Can you change out the string and cabels with this? I dont want to chance damaging my bow or strings with those other methods,but hey Gibblet that razor knife was a good idea,hehe.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see I can get a bowmaster portable bow press,for a little over$40.00.I will try that.Can you change out the string and cabels with this? I dont want to chance damaging my bow or strings with those other methods,but hey Gibblet that razor knife was a good idea,hehe.
Yes you can. It's what I use and can install peeps, twist strings and replace cables and strings with it. Great little tool.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Try a ratchet loc press.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:28 PM

a fellow my next door neighbor works with, so excited about getting a new string for his compound bow for christmas, got his bow, stood it up, leaned over it, took a pocket knife out of his pocket, and proceeded to cut his string in half. he suddenly appeared on the other side of the room with an almost broken, badly bone bruised arm.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

a fellow my next door neighbor works with, so excited about getting a new string for his compound bow for christmas, got his bow, stood it up, leaned over it, took a pocket knife out of his pocket, and proceeded to cut his string in half. he suddenly appeared on the other side of the room with an almost broken, badly bone bruised arm.
What was his New Year's resolutions?

Resolving to figure out why that happened?

Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't do the screwdriver thing. I tried it and frayed my string to the point it needed replaced.

Quick Reply: Istalling a peep-without bowpress?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.