Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Nock point and arrow rest.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 AM

Default Nock point and arrow rest.

During paper tuning, wouldnt adjusting your rrow rest up or down give the same result and moving ones nocking point?

Also, since I shoot with a string loop, would it mae sense for me to ditch my nocking point? I am hesitant becaue I think the string loop could easily move, unless I tie it off with some serving string or something.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nock point and arrow rest.

yes you can move your nocking point to get the same results;but the movements are the opposite of the nock point movementto acheive your tune.If your D-loop is tied right your knots will not slip.Once you put it in the string in the location you want,put a closed needle nose plier inside the loop ,and while holding your other hand on the bowstring pull on the pliers to tighten the loop.For added insurance you can also tie stringserving or dental flossinside the loop(above each knot)to help keep it in its' place.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Make large adjustments with your knock and fine adjustments with your rest if it will let you, some rests are such a pain to adjust you would be better off moving the nock. That is an advantage to using a string loop, they are very easy to adjust if put on properly. It should just thread up and down your serving when you turn it. You can also make very fine adjustments to your knocking point using your limb bolts by adjusting the tiller.

Paul
Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

to keep the loop from moving put a nock set above it. If you move your nocking point up you're tail should be tail high by a little bit, if you move it down it will be the opposite. If you move the rest up you'll get a tail tear down, and vice versa.