Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cobra Sidewinder sight question

Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Spike

Default Cobra Sidewinder sight question

I was wondering if any one has used the cobra sidewinder series sight ? I am in afghanistan currently and don't have the luxury of a local bow shop.I am trying to narrow down my choices for a new bow setup this summer. any suggestions ? The bow setupwill befor hunting. prefer about 4 pins. Not sure ifI like that big flourescent bubble on the side.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Cobra Sidewinder sight question

That big flourescent bubble on the side is what makes these pins so gosh darn good. Those babies are bright now! In fact, some guys in the league at our shop cover them up some to make the pin "smaller". The sidewinder is just a really good, durable hunting sight. One of the better out there, especially for the money.
As far as a bow, you would be doing yourself an injustice if you don't take a good look at the Hoyt line, Bowtech line, and the Mat.....(clear my throat).....Ma........(hmhm) Mathews line of bows. (If you really want me to tell you which one, ok.....Hoyt UltraTec or Trykon.)
Old 02-18-2006, 06:31 PM

hey i have used a sidewinder 5 pin for a couple of years now and they are great. that bubble gains tons of light. also look at the line that viper has out now there more money but if you break the fiber on your pins they sell replacment strains so you can fix them yourself!!! i saw them first at the harrisburg show and the guy was tieing knots with those replacment fiber strains seemed very duralbe!!!and for what bow to buy i have a switchback xt and love it. but there is alot of great bows out there so try as many as you can!!!!!!!good luck and stay safe come home soon, doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info on the sight. I am a hoyt fan so i am thinking of the Trykon XL since i am 6ft 1. thoght about looking at the reflex highlander since it's a hoyt product. guess i will have to spend my leave in the bow shops.