Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

Old 02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

I know this has probably been discussed but I couldnt find anything about it. I'm wondering how the Whisker Buisquit works with Feathers. I've always liked feathers and would prefer using them rather than vanes.

I can imagine they would get messed up, but not sure. Anyone got experience with it?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

So long as everything is lined up correctly they hold up pretty well. Mine start to show signs of wear along the edges after alot of shots but most of my damage comes from other arrows knocking chunks of my feathers out at the target. Even then the feathers fly pretty much like new except they make more noise.

As a side note, I bought some bohning vanes for purposes of having at least one arrow in my quiver when it pours rain. So far I have only put one into my rotation of arrows and it has only seen 25-50 shots but it is holding up nicely considering what I have read about plastic and the WB.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The WB works far better with feathers. Feathers give while going through and vanes tend to be stripped off the arrow. Take it from experience. The feathers will get ragged from a season of shooting and hunting, but I rotate arrows each season and start with fresh arrows, and then put a new crest wrap and fletch on the older arrows and get them ready for hunting the following season...... but by far in my experience, my opinion feathers are better with the WB[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JLmoore1956

The WB works far better with feathers. Feathers give while going through and vanes tend to be stripped off the arrow. Take it from experience. The feathers will get ragged from a season of shooting and hunting, but I rotate arrows each season and start with fresh arrows, and then put a new crest wrap and fletch on the older arrows and get them ready for hunting the following season...... but by far in my experience, my opinion feathers are better with the WB[8D]
Ya beat me to it.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:50 AM

Yep. The feathers fold up through the biscuit, vanes don't. 2 friends of mine shoot feathers through the biscuit, and they do indeed hold up very well. Which disappoints me, because I get paid to fix their arrows. If they don't need fixing......I can't fix em....[] Oh how I long for the days of the TM Hunter.....[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

feathers all the way
Old 02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's hear it for FEATHERS! [8D]
Old 02-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have stated, feathers work great through the Biscuit. They do get a little "fuzzy" on the outer edge, but hold up well. As far as the other "Urban Legends" about the Biscuit, they are mostly that. If you use good, firm fletching like Bohning, Flex-Fletch, or the newer Vanetec, the plastic vanes hold up very well. If they are glued on properly with an extra dot of glue at the front edge (like all fletching should have anyway), the Biscuit will not "strip fletching off". I generally need to refletch because of damage caused by tight grouping, not the Biscuit itself.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:32 PM

You definitetly want to shoot feathers with a W.B. the only problem that I have had is the feathers getting a little skruffed up but it does not affect the shot.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

As others have stated, feathers work great through the Biscuit. They do get a little "fuzzy" on the outer edge, but hold up well. As far as the other "Urban Legends" about the Biscuit, they are mostly that. If you use good, firm fletching like Bohning, Flex-Fletch, or the newer Vanetec, the plastic vanes hold up very well. If they are glued on properly with an extra dot of glue at the front edge (like all fletching should have anyway), the Biscuit will not "strip fletching off". I generally need to refletch because of damage caused by tight grouping, not the Biscuit itself.
Urban for some, maybe others dont. But I did all the above and after a few days it would strip the vanes right off. I switched to feathers at the Pro Shop suggestion and have never had a feather to stripping off.[8D]

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.