Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

Old 02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit and feather fletching

My post was not meant to be an attack on what you said above. More like the hundreds of posts by guys who do not use the Biscuit, but love to shoot holes in the idea that it is a decent rest. The only very minor issue I have is that with feathers, if you use the powdered waterproofing, you get a little cloud in your face when you shoot the bow. They definitely work great with the Biscuit.

I used Bohning Bond Tite, and the fletch couldn't come off fast enough. [&:][:@]

Now I am using Quantum, I think, and don't lose them at all. I have even used superglue gel from the local Dollar Tree. If I prep the arrows right, the vanes do not come off.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didnt take it that way Joe, just no matter what I did the vanes came off, so I used feathers, bingo worked. And now I have my turkey wing feathers made into fletch so it works out pretty good.

If you are having luck with the vanes, great, at least they wont hold the water in rain like the feathers will. I would probably still be using vanes if I had found a solution like yours, but so use to em now, and with having them made, figure I should use em. Cant wait to get my first turkey with a bow, or even another deer, using the cut down wing feathers, kinda of one of those pride things to make you smile! [8D]
Old 02-20-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, that fletching with real Turkey feathers sounds great. I've done that with some primitive arrows for self bows, but not modern arrows. I think the guys in the Traditional Bowyer's Bible series said they used Goose wing feathers for hunting in the rain. If NY is anything like PA, you should have plenty of geese in the fall.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I send them off to Gateway and have them cut, it is great! [8D]
Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't even own a biscuit.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:37 AM

A friend of mine has shoot feathers thought a bisquit for a couple years now and he's very happy with the setup.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 PM

Another point to be madehere is that the feathers lay down some when going through the biscuit. Vanes have to pass through the fibers of the biscuit.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot archery league andi use carbons with my whisker but id say if your not shootin alot it should be just fine

Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Another point to be madehere is that the feathers lay down some when going through the biscuit. Vanes have to pass through the fibers of the biscuit.
exactly, and it will tear them up, but at the end of the season, I re-wrap and re-fletch. I do about 6 of them, use three over and over and save the other 3 exactly the same as practice, for hunting!

And I will never use anything but the WB! [8D]