Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Did I buy a lemon? 04 Extreme VFT

Old 02-14-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Did I buy a lemon? 04 Extreme VFT

I bought a 04 Bowtech off Ebay. Its the Bowtech Extreme VFT. I did a search on the forum hereand I see alot of people had limbs that cracked. Must of had a bunch of bad Limbs that year huh? I will be the second Owner of this Bow, so no Warranity! I got it at a good price however. I had a Mathews previosily, I just heard so much about the Bowtechs. I just had to get one. I cant afford to buy a new one.How much are limbs , if a person has to buy them ?? I know alot of you guys had o4 Bowtech that had limb problems.This is my first Bowtech, I hope it turns out allright.So do you think I bought a lemon?? Thanks Okie48
Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did I buy a lemon? 04 Extreme VFT

Besides what you read , the percentage of failures is very small .
Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know about that many limb problems in 2004?I have been working in a BowTech Proshop for about 4 years,we have only had to replace about 5 or 6 sets of limbs,no Extreme VFT were in those 5 or 6.BowTech did have a problem with the Allegiance model lastyear,but it wasn't the limbs,but the Rockers that the limbs pivot on,once they were replaced,we havn't had anymore problems.A new set of limbs would run about $100 from most dealers.BowTech makes a qualitypiece,and they take care of any problems that they might have.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Archers from all over continue to buy Bowtech bows. Why?.......simply because they build good bows.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't believe everything you read -- especially on the internet, and especially when a certain person or two has an axe to grind.

If you check the person's credibility -- and listen to pro shop owners especially -- you'll find that BowTech has had no more share of limb problems than any other manufacturer.

PM Rack-Attack on here if you don't believe me; I believe he sells more BowTechs than anyone in the state of New York, if I'm not mistaken. He also carries Mathews and other lines as well, so he has no partisanship in saying anything but the truth, and I know I've heard him say on here that he has no more problems with BowTech than with Mathews or his other lines.

When people depend upon the quality of a product for their livlihood, I don't think they'd not tell the truth, because it's eventually gonna come back and bite them.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:08 PM

I have had an '03 Extreme VFT for a couple of years and quite frankly, I probably will not go to another bow. The best I have had...super fast nad quiet. No problem with my limbs, but check with a local BowTech dealer or go to the BowTech website. Limbs are going to run you near $100. Hope you get 'er fixed so you can enjoy! Good luck!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:16 PM

you're going to think your release is loud until you realize that sound was the arrow hitting the target. my neighbor has that exact bow. it screams.