Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Extended Fibre Optic's

Old 02-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Extended Fibre Optic's

Guy's !

I've said how much I liked my Spott Hogg Real Deal for 3D but I wasn't too impressed with it when it come to hunting, because I found that I'd lose sight of my pin's long before shooting light was gone. Thishad cost me a couple shot's at deer becauseI couldn't see my pin's.WhenI was about to leave and climbed down from my stand ,I had spooked deer coming in to my stand as I left .So I finally went home and put on my Impact Archery Cosmic and used it strictly for hunting .I finally picked up a good tip from Ausie Guy about how I could make my pin's last longer in the deer wood's ,so I added some extra Fibre Optic's ,only time will tell if it work's ,but the pin's do seem much brighter than before .I can't wait to try her out .

Old 02-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Extended Fibre Optic's

Nice Nubo, one reason I went with the sight I did for my new setup.....The Viper Predator Pro Microtune, 7.5 inches of "fiber optics" protected within the sight. I do know when I was handling the sight down at the Harrisburg outdoor show it was extremely bright.....of course the Hoyt sight I currently use the deer disappear before the pins do.....
Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 AM

Nubo,
I have the same sight and i was just wondering where you got the fibers? And is it available in .019 and .029? I know mine are .019 and really like this idea. I too had the same problems in low light and was about to pick a new sight!
THANKS
Old 02-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nubo,

Looks like an excellent solution for low light situations. However, what do you think about the durability of it? Would it be easy to catch those fiber optics and break them?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob P/A!

I also really like the Viper sight's and I just might go out and get one for myself ,I just can't have enough toy's .

Buckhunter!

This is where I got my fibre from www.fibreopticproducts.com I got the .5mm diameter for the .19 pin's ,they ship out the same day as you order .

PaBowhntr!

I'm hoping this is the solution that I'm looking for ,only time will tell.As for how it'll work as far as durability. There shouldn't be a problem with 3D but as far as tramping through the thick stuff ,this has me concerned as well ,but I got lot's of fibre to make replacement's if i need it .

nubo
Old 02-14-2006, 10:49 AM

I bought a viper two years ago but was never impressed with the amount of light the fiber optics got. Its probably because I now have a Toxonics K9 and it has alot of fiber optics wrap on it. It is really bright so anything that doesnt have at least 12 " of fiber optic wrap it just doesnt seem bright enough.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

John

have ya tried it out near dark yet.

can I say I told ya so yet
Old 02-14-2006, 08:13 PM

You'll definitely have to shroud those extendedfibers. If not, they'll break easily. Since I made a shroud for mine about 2 years ago, I haven't broken one pin.