Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Old 02-14-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Well i know there are hundreds of questions and comments on here about this rest, but i dont think ive really heard anyone say anything about shooting longer distances with this rest. I know they shoot great at 20-30 yards but ive never seen anyone shoot much past that. Has anyone shot theres at say 40,50, even 60 yards with the same results as the closer ranges? How well do blazers hold up through the biscut too? Thanks all

Old 02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Buckhunter,
I use the wisker bisket QS Droptine.It's on a Mathews Switchback shooting the Nudge arrows 55/75 with Quickspin vanes,a Duskdevil 2 5 pin sight.I have 20,30,40,50 and 60 yd pins.Out to 60 ydsI group a little bigger than a coffee cup.Now I shoot leauge with this rest,and one of the guys there shoots with the same set-up and a Trophy Taker 10 pin sight.He has 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100 and 120 pins.To tell you the truth even out there at 120 I wouldnot like him slining arrows at me.I have seen him put 10 arrows into Glendale buck vitals at 120 yds on number of ocasions.
I'm not advocating hunting at these rages but it's fun to shoot that far on the range.
BBJ
Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 AM

My Blazers hold up well in the WB - better than most vanes - they will get a little curly, but it takes a while and I'm shooting a right helical. Straight fletch would put less stress.

I shoot a savage adjustable sight with my wb qs, and my arrows group nicely out to 60 (haven't shot farther) - a nice group is relevant though. At 60yds, I consistently shoot a block 4x4.....4 of 6 arrows in a saucer size group, which to me is nice.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:09 PM

Thanks for your help guys. Thats what i was hoping to hear.
Ryan
Old 02-14-2006, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BareBack Jack

Buckhunter,
To tell you the truth even out there at 120 I wouldnot like him slining arrows at me.I have seen him put 10 arrows into Glendale buck vitals at 120 yds on number of ocasions.
BBJ
I bet this guy did some research and didn't just grab any old bow and anyarrows and go out and get thisaccomplished. That is some great shooting and Iwould love to hear the details on his equipment tune process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other thing I thought was funnny on this thread is how detailed people in the past are at measuring their equipment to get it tuned but then you hear people talk about their group sizesin relation todishes, not a measuring tape. I like that idea... just in case somebody doesn't believe me when I talk about group sizes,I canjust say..."well I have a big wide coffee cup" or "the saucer I was speaking of was actually more like a plate".
Old 02-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mil-Dot,
Sorry for the refrence I was going for a visual,not the exact measurments.
I have a question for you,I see you shoot CT Whitetails how do you like them?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 PM

When i tested this rest, i got half way decent groups at 30 yards, but past that they would do some funky stuff. I shoot feathers which took some of the preasure (sorry vane guys), but feathers recuperate better after deflection, and with the whisker, as soon as the fletching hits the rest it has some sort of deflection. From my testing, i gathered that after 35 yards, 1 out of 4 arrows hit the space "ok". My conclusion on the rest was it had to much contact from the begining to sustain a testable balance in performance in consistancy on the range. For hunting, i think the rest is great. Whisker bisquets keep the arrow on the rest the whole time and eliminate one malfunction from the draw time error, but for consistency and especially for target shooting, i recomenda sight that you can get as much elimination from rest contact as possible. Something like a drop away or close to. I love my Bodoodle Pro Lite, but they are going out of busininess so i have to start testing some more products. Trophy Taker makes a great drop away rest which eliminates contact with the rest during release. But, if youare wanting something to enclose the arrow during the hunt, you can look at the whisker, just don't look for pleasable response at long range.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter, did you read what Bareback Jack said above. Uh, Hello. That pretty much tells the WB accuracy story don't you think?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:31 AM

i just let out an air biscuit a couple minutes ago
Old 02-15-2006, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: shaft_lover

i just let out an air biscuit a couple minutes ago
Hey shaft lover, you came to the right place if you like shafts!Did you ever find the right cleaner to rub all over your shaft to make sure it was nice, shinny and ready for use? Your profile is probably as close to being deleted as mine is.

By the way...Guns and Roses is history man. They smoked all the crack they could handle years ago.[8D]

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscut and long range shooting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.