Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

Old 02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

I was just wondering how many shoot without the tubing style peep?(sorry, I don't know what else to call it) I have the tubing on mine, but I'm concerned about what may happen if I am in the thicket and this thing breaks. How long will the tubing last? Or should I just learn to use without tubing. Right now I'm so new to shooting, I don't even know how to tie a peep in properly. Thanks for any advice, LT.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

LouisianaTomkat i used to use a peep with tubing but one day i was praticing and the thing broke. I now have a triple peep. Im like you i dont know what to call it. But its the one where you split the strings in 3 different sections. It s always straight you dont have to worry about not being able to see through it.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:36 PM

Hey,

I bought an 06 Bowtech Allegiance and asked a similar question about my setup about a month ago. I figured I'd put up a link of the responses.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=1386096
Old 02-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've had one... Thats all it took, I call that tubing TRASH....
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 PM

the ones with tubing will cause you speed loss, but if you have a low twist string the ones w/o are very good
Old 02-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have tubing and love it. i used to have one without and every once in a while the string would twist and it would be hard to see. If you do get tubing get the silocone tubing and not the tubing it comes with because it will rot.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 PM

I used to use the peep sight with tubing attached to my cable. Did it with no problems and fine success. Did hear stories about the tubing break after a few years of use but I never had any problems with it.

Then I went to the No-Peep and gave it a try. Very happy with the No-peep. Man it makes for some tight groups man. Takes two men to set it up but worth it I'd say. Not trying to sell anything here but I'd recommend the no-peep.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 PM

well ive never used anything else but a tubing peep so i dont know but i dont see no reason to fix what aint broken just keep it changed its is not a lot of money for the tubeing and i can always count on it being strait
Old 02-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to use the tube style peep but after it breaking a couple time's ,I decided to try the Fletcher Tru Peep,I must say I'll never use the tube style again ,it may be a bit of a pain at time's when tuning and breaking in new string's and cable's ,but it'll alway's come into place when you need it to . I don't have to worry that the tube is gonna break when I'm about to make my shot,or have to replace it every spring .

nubo
Old 02-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Site Bouncer

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1386096&mpage=1&key=?

I use a tube style peep and love it. Yes I change it twice a year...once before the hunting season and one after it. It's not a big deal to change it, takes only a few seconds and your peep will always be where you want it when you want it. Use the silicone and you will be set.I go more into moredetail on the post linked above, give it a read.

Quick Reply: Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.