Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

Old 02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

If you don't want to use a peep with tubing AND you don't like worrying about the peep rotating correctly each time, try a "TRU Speednok with Peep Aligner". This is a nocking point that screws together to pinch onto your string in place of a crimped nocking point. It has a little tab that sticks down on the back side of the string. Each time you nock an arrow, the arrow nock hits the tab and turns your string perfectly each and every time. I had one on my old bow and loved it. It never moved or caused me any trouble whatsoever. As the string stretched I just moved it slightly to compensate. With today's string materials this won't be an issue after the first 100 shots or so.

As far as peeps, you can't beat the Fletcher Tru Peep.

Good luck ... Shockwave
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've always used a peep with the rubber tubing. that's the only thing i know. i've learned that it does help to replace the tubing if you're using the black rubber about once a year. furthermore if you use about an inch or two of tubing extra, less stress is usually exerted on the tubing, at least it doesn't seems that it tears as easilly.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

i've always used a peep with the rubber tubing. that's the only thing i know. i've learned that it does help to replace the tubing if you're using the black rubber about once a year. furthermore if you use about an inch or two of tubing extra, less stress is usually exerted on the tubing, at least it doesn't seems that it tears as easilly.
This is very important when installing peep tubing. Too many times I have see the tubing cut too short. It should be just short enough to rotate the peep at full draw. You don't want to stretch it to it's limits or it will fail more often. It does not need a lot of tension to align the peep. If in doubt as to the lenght you need cut it long, you can always trim it till it aligns the peep. Once it does, measure it and you know in the future how long of tubing you need.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM

i use a tube style as well and i just bougt a new switchback xt and was going to try a different peep with the four strines holding in the peep. my bow man said the only problem with that kind is every now in then it get spun around, so i didnt take that chance. i carry a extra in my pack while im hunting. i also change the tubing a couple times a year as well!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started out without, and had problems with the peep not rotating and sometimes blocking the view of my pins. That was on my OLD browning bow. I went to a tube and never had that problem...unless the tube broke which happens from time to time. When I got my bowtech, I originally went with a tube type peep. It worked, but tubes add noise and they do break occasionally. I'd keep the tube a little longer than it needed to be just so I could trim it back and fix it without replacing the whole thing. The last time I had my string changed though, I figured I've got this awesome Winner's Choice string, let me go without the tubing. I'll never use tubing again. No problems with nock rotation (I have the one that splits the string 3 ways too, whatever you call it.) It is always in position, never have to worry about breaking the tube, and the bow is quieter. Probably adds some speed too, but I've never checked.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:52 AM

The peep that splits the string three ways is the most reliable easy to use trouble free peep onthe market............hands down..........its in the same catagory for practicle as the whisker biscuit!
Old 02-16-2006, 12:21 PM

I use a peep with rubber tubing and I have never had any little orproblems at all.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use rubber tubing, want to change out to one without when I get home from Iraq! [8D]