Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

Old 02-14-2006, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

If you can get your peep to come around perfect without mistakes than going without the rubber tubing is always best....BUT...for peace of mind, go with the tube....the tube is noisier however.....

I've never shot with the string loop but will on my new setup....I was under the impression that the string loop aligns the peep as well....if set up correctly....

ps. you can also train your peep to align properly on every draw once the string is broken in.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Spike

have used both. no problems with either one. currently use the one without tubing. the string loop will align the peep once the loop and string break in together. you may have to twist the loop on the string initially to realign but it will lock in soon and and shouldn't need touched again until a new string is installed. also the peep that looks like a big kisser button works well especially in low light.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:25 AM

bigj12,

I never thanked you for your in depth response to my question we both referenced. It gave me a little confidence to stick with what I felt more comfortable with. When I was trying out a Matthew's at a dealer, the no tube peep would rotate so badly that I couldn't see through it. Like you, I use my bow for hunting and backyard practice; so when it's go time and I have that perfect window of opportunity to draw, the last thing I want to see is a crooked peep because I forgot to make some little adjustment. Thanks man!

My advice is to go with whatever works for you.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Site Bouncer

I never thanked you for your in depth response to my question we both referenced. It gave me a little confidence to stick with what I felt more comfortable with.
No problem.

Afterall, that's what we all seek...confidence. I have no problem changing my tubing every six months or so. Like I said I probably don't have to and could most likely get away with once a year (right before hunting season)but I do twice anyway.

For the record, with the new silicone tubing I have not noticed anyadditional noise nor any speed loss. I'm sure it effects both but not to the point where it can be detected without the use of testing devises for both.

What I do know is no matter how hot, cold, wet or dry, my peep will be where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be there, and that's confidence.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:20 AM

The ONLY advantage to the tubing is the peep will open every time. Unless the tubing breaks and hits you in the forehead! I had my cables break at the point where the tubing smacks them. Speed decreases, makes a bunch of noise, I just don't like them.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replies guys. I believe I will stick to the simplicity of the tubing for now. I really like th idea of the silicone tubing. Anyone know where I can buy some. I would like to keep some extra on my bow or in my pack just in case. Thanks Again, LT
Old 02-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Thanks for all the replies guys. I believe I will stick to the simplicity of the tubing for now. I really like th idea of the silicone tubing. Anyone know where I can buy some. I would like to keep some extra on my bow or in my pack just in case. Thanks Again, LT
Any sporting good store or pro shop should carry it. Just ask for silicone tubing instead of the latex (rubber) tubing.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:35 AM

i suggest you change your tubing every use. twice a year might tear a hole in the tubing which would lead to accidents. dont use the silicone latex is the way to go
Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 AM

im sorry for the inconvience my son has been on the computer and he is very inmature if anything else has been messed up i will fix it as soon as i find it
Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's funny how both you and your son spell immature as "INmature"....with the same writing style.

2 suggestions, change your username, and if you want to remain a member here and enjoy what the forums have to offer read the posting rules.

Quick Reply: Peep...With Or Without Rubber Tubing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.