Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone built their own paper-tuning rack?

Greg!

Although I don't have one myself ,I seen a posting on here a couple year's ago where someone had biult one out of 2" PVC pipe .with heavy paper clamp's screwed into the pipe to clip on to the paper .

nubo
Old 02-14-2006, 06:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, in the one archery shop we built one using pvc pipe....we made it so you can put the meat paper or the auto body shop masking paper in the big rolls and roll it as you need it...it was quite large but did a great job. Of course it was used much more than self ones.....I don't have any plans but I'm sure you could make it smaller....use your imagination.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

How often do you need it? I use mine a couple times a year, its a box with top cut off and with most of the bottom cut off, then tape a piece of paper across the opening, prop it up on a table and shoot through the paper, works great, cost $0.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I build mine out of boxes. 3-d boxes work very well. Cut a large window in the back and acout 8" X 10" on the front. I then just tape the paper on.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:26 PM

Greg / MO,
I made this paper tuner a few years back. It was very inexpesive and lightweight. The materials I used are as follows:
-One 42" 2x6 for the base
-Two 28" 2x4's for the sides
-Two 38" 1x4's
-Two 38" 1x2's
-Four carriage bolts with wing nuts
-One 40" wooden dowel
-One 36" roll of contractors paper purchased at Lowes for $6.99
-One six pack of Bud Light!!!

Total cost for me was $6.99 for the paper and thelumber I had laying around the garage.

Its very easy to make and can easily be attached to an adjustable tripod or clamped to a saw horse. The base is a 2x6 with two 2x4's set at about 38 " apart. I drilled holes through each 2x4 at the bottom for the wooden dowel. The paper comes underneath the 1x4 at the bottom and is pulled up over the 1x4 at the top of the tuner. You then take the 1x2 at the top and bottom, and position them over the paper and tighten down your carriage bolts to hold the paper in place at the top and the bottom. I've attached a picture, to give you an idea. Hopefully, it comes through, this page won't let me preview the attachments. If the picture won't come through, I will try to attach it to another thread.

By the way, thanks for the instructional thread for casting arrows. I'll post those pictures as well!!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:34 PM

I guess those pictures came through, here's a picture of the carriage bolts,wing nuts, and a complete side view.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is not elaborate like some of these.

I took two pieces of 1X420 inches long and one wooden dowel42 inches long.

I clamped the two 1X4's together and drilled a 1 inch hole through both of them to receive the dowel.

In my basement I screwed the two pieces of 1X4 to my floor joists (spaning 3 floor joists,32 inches apart) butting the top edge of the 1X4 to the sub floor. This leaves 10 inches of 1X4 hanging down below the floor joists.

This leaves plenty of room for the roll of craft paper between the dowel and floor joists.

I use two large spring clamps clamped to the craft paper at the bottom to keep it taunt while shooting it.

I basically only cost me the dowel rod to make.

I buy my craft paper at Walmart near the school supplies department.
[/align]