Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS... a tuning nightmare??? UPDATE!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS... a tuning nightmare??? UPDATE

I have to agree with what Frank said, but honestly from the '03 Patriot to the Pro 40 Freedom and Mighty Mite VFT to the Old Glory, ALL of his bows are very, very quiet with low recoil and vibration. The only thing wrong with them is that the draw is too darned long! LOL It is odd, to say the least that certain sounds can be heard better or not heard at all in various surroundings. On the Tundra, I could clearly hear the slap sound at home, yet in the shooting lanes, it wasn't as noticeable, and even you (much younger ears) said you didn't really notice it. (Unless you were being polite.) My Pro 40 Wheelie made a click, and the Newberry a high pitched hum, yet you remarked about the Newberry's hum, but didn't seem to hear the click of the Wheely. Like many other archery related things, there seems to be little rhyme or reason to it. To those who like the STS, I say "Enjoy!" I had mine on and off the Darton and McPherson twice each tonight. Still can't see much of a point to having it on, but that's me. If the Champion had a rear stabilizer insert, I'd have probably tried it on that bow too, even though that bow is now scary quiet.