Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

trap door

Old 02-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default trap door

Is anyone using the trap door rest. What are the pros and cons of this rest.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:14 AM

Default RE: trap door

MY BROTHER HAS USED THE REST FOR 2 YRS.HE LOVES IT. IHAVE SEEN IT IN ACTION.It is quiet and very reliable.I have one now waiting to put it on my new bow If It ever gets here!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 01:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'm consistently surprised at how little publicity the Trap Door gets compared to a number of other brands.

Since Oct '03 I've had a Trap Door on my Razortec and used it for hunting, 3D, and outdoor & indoor targets. There has been literally thousands of shots put though it and never once has it malfunctioned. I like it so much that I put another one on the Protec I got this past fall and it also has performed flawlessly, for about 2500 shots so far.

The Trap Door, in my opinion, is quiet, durable, and reliable. There are no cables and such to break and fletching contact has been a non-issue. I don't think you can go wrong with one.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
Old 02-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone for replies. Been pondering on trying one. I just go through spells like that being as season is over. Hunted with a WB and se the need to try something else.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:29 PM

I have had over 10 of these rest on all kinds of bows. All I ever had to do was slap it on, set the centershot and the height, turn the sensitivity adjustment on the stiffest setting and shot it. Never ever had a fletch contact problem. Good rest
Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had one on my last bow and got rid of it when it cost me a rapid follow up shot. I was hog hunting when I came across a group of about 15 hogs. Shot and killed one and with a conventional drop away I could have just knocked an arrow and taken another shot at one of the other hogs before they ran off. With adrenalin(sp) pumping I set the trap door and it fell, so I set it again and it fell again. By this time all the hogs were running so no second shot. Much of the blame falls squarely on my shoulders for not staying calm. However with a rest I didn't have to fumble around with I could have gotten another shot that day. I was glad it was hogs that woke me up and not the need for a rapid follow up shot at the buck of a lifetime. That rest which is a great TARGET rest is now on my wife's bow for target shooting. I will never use one again when in the woods.