Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD ultrarest problem

Old 02-04-2006, 01:10 PM

Default RE: QAD ultrarest problem

mike carter advised him to get this rest, but mike may not have remembered that not everyone knows how to set up a bow like he does.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:17 PM

What you say is true to an extent, but it really isn’t that hard to adjust this thing. I’m long winded because I want to cover all the bases. It’s well worth the time if you truly need all the features this rest has to offer. The launcher arm cable is either too tight, just right, or too loose. Anybody with common since can adjust this thing. All you do is slide it down to make it tighter or slide it up to make the cable looser. Anybody who is smart enough to tune their bow; which is the biggest contributing factor to this rest going out of tune, would be smart enough to know how to readjust launcher arm cable tension. Sorry if I’m making it sound difficult. Maybe this last post will simplify things.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:58 PM

mildot: I was mistaken in my math now that I look back I think the correct arrow weight is closer to 475. Sorry about that. thanks for pointing that out. Ill try what you sugested and let you know. thanks for the help
Old 02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I am not trying to be smart and this is not addressed to anyone in particular..........but why in the world do archers with dropaways adjust their cord tension in this manner? I am talking about adjusting the cord up or down on the down buss cable? Around here all the shops and most archers have the cord sticking out tied in a knot ON the rest, in that manner its an easy adjustment. All you have to do is untie the knot and either lengthen or shorten the cord, then retie the knot. It stays secure and no risk is run of the cord slipping changing the timing. At least that is how all the QAD users around here do it.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:03 PM

Cougar,

That's a great point and some people even tie the QAD launcher arm cable right into the hole in cable slide. There are several ways and all work. I prefer sliding it down the down buss cable because for one I'm using the plastic adapter, many don't;and two I can make very minor adjustments by sliding it down the cable. I found it hard to make a minor adjustment by using the "knot" method, but sounds like that works great for you. There is a guy at heartland archery and he ties all his QAD rests into the hole in cable slide. He says he sells the QAD to almost every customer he has. Due to his success in rigging I have even been thinking of rigging mine to the hole in cable slide. He says it puts less or no stress on down buss cable, which gives him less chances of reworking customer rests after date of purchase.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mildot if you have the opportunity, could you post a pic of a cord tied into or through a cable slide? I'd be interested in doing that if I could figure out a way of not drilling a hole into my slide. Using the Bowtech cable slide I can't see any way of putting a cord through it.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Mildot if you have the opportunity, could you post a pic of a cord tied into or through a cable slide? I'd be interested in doing that if I could figure out a way of not drilling a hole into my slide. Using the Bowtech cable slide I can't see any way of putting a cord through it.
I don’t have a picture because I have not tried it yet. The last time I talked to QAD Tech Service they told me one of their dealers does nothing but tie the rest into this location and has great results. I called and talked to that dealer for about 15 minutes on the phone and he gave me all the details. I think he wonders why everyone else isn’t doing what he is. HA! I was thinking of trying it when I get my pivots changed out this week. My QAD is dialed in so good right now, I don’t want to touch it. Looks like the 2006 BowTech slide hole is big enough to get the launcher arm cable to fit through, then tie your knot on the back side. If need be, you can always drill the hole out to the next larger size. Go ahead…you try it first, I dare ya.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:43 AM

coug, if you get a sims the hole is on the opposite side of the slide giving your more vane clearance. i've got my trophy taker done that way, but i have recently heard if i saw slow motion video of what it does to the rod i would change it.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:36 PM

Some guys have been able to get good clearance with the qad, but I am not one of them....neither is a good friend of mine that knows more than most people forget about tuning. I am a decent tuner, but not as good as him. My problem started with the rest on a pro 40 dually. No matter what I did, I could not get clearance, every time. Called QAD and spoke to charles at length. THis was the summer of 04. He said that I needed to send it back for a stronger spring. Great customer service. Changed the spring and still had contact issues, though not as much. I went back to the trophy taker that I used to shoot and have no problems. My buddy went to a rip cord and has had no problems. I accept that people can get this rest to work, but I also think that there are some people that have more contact than they think. SO, I have a strong spring QAD sitting in the garage....
Old 02-05-2006, 07:38 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: MizzoukiSpot

neither is a good friend of mine that knows more than most people forget about tuning.

Ok, so that did not make sense....meant "forgot more than most people know"

Quick Reply: QAD ultrarest problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.