Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

where do you have your bow set?

Old 02-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: where do you have your bow set?

I too wanted to go to a 60 lb. bow but opted for yet another 70 lb. bow. Part of my reasoning was because the Bowtechs I looked at all maxed out at peak weight......maybe one lb. more. My new Patriot maxes out at 70.7 lbs. and the 60 lb. model maxed out at 61. I feel way more comfortable at 65-67 lbs. with this bow at around 70-73% letoff. If I adjust it to 65% there was no valley whatsoever and I have been guilty of creeping now and again.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:41 AM

i have my reflex grizz set at 68,,60-70lbs, at 75% i feel comfortable shooting it in cold weather , but thats my prefernce, what ever makes you feel comfortable 60lbs is great to
Old 02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: The Rev
Mine set at 65 shoots 305 fpsgenerating about 100 # K.E.
Rev, what's your setup? Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in threads but OMG! I've shot some hot setups but 100# KE?

Your right,,, I screwed up using the Bow Jackson ke speed chart.. It's still fast @ 82 K.e. ( the best to my calculations) I shoot a pro 40 dually chroned at 305 with six speed bumps at 65 # draw.. the IBO is 340-345 about what the black mamba is calming to have. they claim to produce 105 K.E.
Sorry.. I still may be off a bit., but it's right there with the Black Knight..
I am still trying to get the speed down some, it's too fast for most club shoots. (Sorry for the mess up)...

Old 02-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Host of Hosts

Mine is set at 58.48 lbs. I just had it measured yesterday at the proshop
Old 02-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Rev for clearing that up..
Old 02-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

mine is all the way in (backed off 1/3 turn) 68lbs.

my dad has had 2 shoulder surgeries he shoots a High Country dual cam bow(can remeber the name of it) dropped it to 54lbs and still shoots one pin out to 30 yds only drops about 3 inches. 245fps

my wife shoots 43lbs las year she passed through both sides of her deer.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:29 PM

Hey Dnk:
I just bought a Trykon and had the same thoughts as you. I'm 48 and my Ultratec was set at 63lbs. As theTrykonmay very well be the bow that they bury me with, I opted for the 50-60 lb limbs. The dealer set it up at 62 lbs and said that it was better to max out than be at a minimum with heavier limbs. Since Hoyts have a lifetime warranty I took him at his word. It shoots great (actually a bit faster than my Ultratec, even though it had anoverdraw and shorter arrows) and I can turn it down when I need to.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM

I have 60# maxed out, one older bow hunter once told me maxing them out was stressful on the bow.I'm not sure if he was up on the new bows though as he made and shoots his own.