Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Helical (sp?) questions

Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Helical (sp?) questions

Would increasing the helical on my arrows imprve broadhead/fieldpoint performance?
Wht determines the optimal helical curve?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Helical (sp?) questions

How much helical if at all are on your arrows now? A helical fletch vanes/feathers will certainly cause your arrow to spin quicker out of the bow which in turn will give you better broadhead accuracy.

Having too much helical is only hampered by fletch clearance to your rest. More important for accuracy is having your bow tuned and having matched arrows for your bow setup.. including tuned arrows to eliminate broadhead wobble....straight fletch and more so offset fletch will work great out of a tuned/matched bow and having helical can only improve that...
Old 02-03-2006, 01:31 PM

Default RE: Helical (sp?) questions

Whatever comes with the Easton Axis. I use a whisker bisquit so I don't think there would be a clearance problem.
I have some arrows that need refletched and was thinking about trying more helical. I don't do this, I would take them to the shop.
I'm quite certain the bow is properly tuned. Between my skills, and the skills of the bow guru at the pro shop. What the hell, worth the try.