Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is my tribute a lemon?

Old 02-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Is my tribute a lemon?

I have tried every thing to get it to shoot bullet holes. I can not even get it to tear less than 2” to the left. Hear is everything I have tried,
I have moved the WB in every possible position on the slid with almost no change. I have tried different arrow makes, Gold tip 100 + big games, hunter XT in 7595,and last I tried Beman ICS 340 It never gets better or worse I have all so had 3 different people shoot the bow with the same thing happing.I know that a lot of people say not to worry about paper tuning but I am getting poor grouping to. What do you think I should try next?
the set up
72# 29" left handed tribute
WB2
spot hogg sight
D loop
scott shark release

Old 02-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is my tribute a lemon?

How are you gripping the bow?

You could be grabbing the bow on release causing the bow to torque.

If you have a video camera video yourself shooting if you have any flaws you will be able to see them.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 AM

I have many different bows and I had no problem paper tuning them. I thought that it had to be me to so I had some of the best shooters I know come over to my house and shoot it but the same tear happened.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM

I would have to agree with Ausie,tape yourself with a Video camera. You will be amazed at some of the things you do and not realize it. [:@]
Old 02-02-2006, 05:25 AM

have you tried moving the rest up or down? it really sounds like the arrow is bouncing off something
Old 02-02-2006, 05:59 AM

I can't imagine it being your grip or form because you say you've had 4 different people shoot it all with the same results. So I guess I'm with gibblet in saying start looking at the bow for clearance issues. arrow/cables, arrow/sight gaurd. Just a suggestion. I'm sure no bow tech.

Another thought and I don't know if this would make a difference. Are your cables placed in the cable slide correctly. I don't know if this would even effect anything or not but just a thought.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, sounds like the kind of luck I would have if I bought one [8D].
Old 02-02-2006, 06:32 AM

i know from the past that correcting a tear with a biscuit, sometimes you have to do something to that rest that just makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bow throwing the nock down one time and it was causing contact with the biscuits holding bar. Is this the deluxe model? mine was and the holder protruded too far into the vane zone for my vanes.

Do the lipstick on the fletching trick and you should come out of it with 3 red stripes in your whiskers, if not you'll see where your problem lies.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, if you're willing to try different shooters, I'd be willing to try a different rest... If nothing else, just to ease your worries.

Quick Reply: Is my tribute a lemon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.