Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Holy Craparonie

Old 01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Holy Craparonie

I got a call from my hunting buddy and 3d partner last Thursday telling me he was at theShop and my new Diamond Victory had just been delivered.
He wanted to know if I wanted him to pick it up for me, of course I said well sure seeing you are there and I am stuck at work and wont be able to get out there till Tuesday.

About 2 hours later I get a call from my wife telling me there is a box waiting here for you"What is it?" dang I knew I forgot something

I get home at 11:30pm from work lucky for me she has cooled down some not much but some

To my surprise the box had not been opened so just like any 49 yr old kid I rip the box open to find the Victory. Now I decided to order the package deal one.
Altho the accesories that come with the bow are not of the same quality as the high dollar accesories that I usually use they are excellent for the money.

The first thing I done after I removed the bow from the box was get the tape measure and check the ata and brace height ata spot on spec 33 1/4" brace also spot on spec 7"

The Mossy Oak Break-up is good but not as good as my Max4 Constitution hopefully in the future Bowtech will do the different camo options for the Diamond line.

As per usual the fit and finish are of Bowtech's high standards.The Pivotinglimb pockets have zero play in themthey also have the barrel nut and larger bezel.

The bow is fitted with a Whisker Bisquit, Tru Glo sight, wrist sling, stabilizer and 4 arrow quiver.

The only things I have taken off the bow are the peep ( one of those tube types) brass nock and the quiver.

The string and cable are the same quality that Bowtech put on their main line which IMHO are the best OEM strings on the market.

The grip is a laminated wood and feels almost perfect.

I am not sure what brandthestabilizer is but it balances the bow out perfect.

Now for the nitty gritty.

I finally got out today to do some serious testing and shhoting of this little gem.

Firstly the draw is butter smooth they have done an excellent job on the Solitaire cam with no humps or bump in the draw cycle with a very nice roll over into the valley and onto a rock solid back wall.

The bow set up is 60lb 28" draw lenght, whisker bisquit, hush kit and string loop.

Seeing that this is going to be my hunting bow I decided that any shooting and speed tests would be done with my hunting arrows 410gr Easton AC Super Slims.

On my very first shot if the arrow had not made a very loud THUMP into the target I would not have known the bow had actually fired absolutely no hand shock/vibration and deadly quite.

The bow holds extremely well and does not feel like a 33" bow but more like a 36" bow.

After sighting in and doing a little fine tuning it was time to putsome arrows through the crono of the 5 arrowsI put through the crono this is the mid speed mind you there was only 2fps difference between the fastest and slowest.

I know some are going to say but thats not fast but take into concideration I'm draw lenght challanged and using arrows that are 110gr over IBO

Back to the string and cables I did mark the cam either side of the limb to see if there was and creeping and to date I have around 100 shots on the string and it has not budged.

Altho today was not a very good day for shooting high wind[:@]this little bow will stack them in there when I do my part right
I have decided not to put a peep on but going to re-install my No-Peep.

At full draw the bow looks wickedly coolI just love how these parrall limb bows look at full draw

I had a ball shooting the bow today and am really looking forward to a windless day soI can put it through it's paces at 70 yards.

All in all I would rate this bow a 9.5 out of 10 taking .5 off for the grip it is a little too rounded on the edges but that is the only fault I could find with the bow on the shooting I have done so far.

For anyone who is looking for a great mid price bow give the Diamond Victory a very close look.

They could charge another $150 to $200 for this bow and IMO would get it.

Once again top job Bowtech/Diamond you have deliverd again.

Dissclaimer
The above report is my opinion and no guns where held to my head

Well with the exception of the one my wife has and shewill probably use it if I buy another bow this year

Old 01-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Holy Craparonie

Thanks for the report, Aussie!!

If there was one remaining bow out there that I could buy, this would be the bow! I'm still regretting never having bought a Patriot with the Infinity Cam, and this would definitely be the next best thing!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:27 PM

Great post Ausie !!!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great read, looks sweet!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:20 AM

looks an awful lot like my patriot, which i absolutely love, and will be my hunting bow for quite some time to come. nice read buddy. anybody looking for a nice single cam hunting bow, this one would be a great pick-up. (i told you single cams were nice).
Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 AM

What kind of sight is that?
Are the fibers running around the housing?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice report Russ and a sweet lookin' bow!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm still regretting never having bought a Patriot with the Infinity Cam, and this would definitely be the next best thing!
Greg.

I had a Patriot and am kicking myself for selling it, thats why I decided to go with the Victory it's not as fast as the Patriot but it is a lot smoother on the draw than my Patriot was.

What kind of sight is that?
Are the fibers running around the housing?
D.Parsons

It is a Tru Glo site and yes the fibers wrap around the pin housing, it is plenty bright too
Old 02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Good lookin bow. Have fun.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great report Russell ,bow look's great ,and I hope Edna doesn't ground ya from the internet LOL

nubo

Quick Reply: Holy Craparonie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.