Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2 blade accuracy??

Old 01-31-2006, 06:34 PM

Default 2 blade accuracy??

I've searched in old posts but . . .

How many of you think that two blade broadheads shoot closer to your field points than three blade broadheads? I know I have to retune my bow each hunting season because ofmy 3 bladebroadheads.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Default RE: 2 blade accuracy??

I had some Zwicky's that shot really great, especially considering they were glue-in inserts. I'd say on average I shot them better than my 3 blade heads, but for the most part the three blade heads shot pretty good as well, repeatable, but a different point of impact from the field tips.

--cutthroat.trout
Old 02-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

It all depends on the broadheads. One of the most accurate heads I have shot was/is a 4 blade. One of the worst as far as accuracy was a 4 blade. It's all about the design and quality of the head more than the total number of blades.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:48 AM

I don't find much difference between different broadheads, but then I tune them carefully when building the arrows. I also shoot a very high FOC and lots of helical fletched feathers to control it's flight.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

If both are on the shaft straight , I have had better accuracy with 2 blade heads in general .

Just screwing them on and shooting , if the 3 blade is on straight and the 2 blade slightly off , it not an even contest and the 3 blade may outpreform .

The new short heads do show improved accuracy over the older longer heads . I dont know whether it has to do with areodynamics or spine or both , but it does seem to make a diferance .

I will assume the accurate 4 blade 5 shot is speaking of abouve is a slicktrick , and they are short , I could be dead wrong though , wouldent be the first time
Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 AM

I'm shooting the NAP Crosfires in 100gr. I like them, but do shoot 4" right at 20 yards. I used to use the NAP Thunderheads and also had to retune the bow every hunting season. I had the best results with the NAP Spitfire mechanicals, just didn't kill anything! Got tired of shooting animals, and never finding them.
I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age. Would like to find a broadhead that shoots where the fieldpoints shoot.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me be the first to whip you here , you need to tune your bow better .
Seriously a 4" diferance at 20 yards is unacceptable . Something is "off" , could be you , or the bow , or your arrows .
Old 02-02-2006, 02:57 PM

Never used two blade broadheads, I shoot the NAP Crossfires. They're not unbelievable, but not bad either.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:16 PM

Shooting in competitions, I consistantly hit the 10 ring. With my broadheads, I also group very tight. One is just off from the other. I really don't think it's me.
"It's not you, it's me? I invented 'It's not you it's me!' "

Never mind. I'm going to buy 2 bladers and shoot them for other reasons.
Might let you know how it goes.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If thats the case and thy group tight , and you can see your arrows fly straight , they must if they group . Id do the same thing . I think you will find that 2 blade heads will group well allso for you , and probably closer to where your field tips are hitting . One thing to keep in mind , with the field tips and broadheads hitting diferant spots is , to keep your 2 blade heads orinted in the same way arrow to arrow , all vertical or all horizontal , try both ways and see iff it makes a diferance . Just a guess but Ill bett for your setup that a horizontal orintation will give you the best results .

Quick Reply: 2 blade accuracy??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.