Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Who is going?

I am considering heading up there with a buddy to shoot the 3D, and to stay with old friends in York.

What are the rules there for pins/hunter class? Are there speed restrictions? Max distance? How much does it cost to shoot, and what times can you shoot? How many targets? Do you just shoot 30 targets in a row like outdoors? Any info is appreciated...........hope to see a few of you there. I am sure Matt / PA is going to be there, what class are you shooting in?
Old 01-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Rick,
$15,($30 for the $$ class) IBO rules and distances.........IBO equipment and center scoring rings but they score as 12 not 11 for this shoot.
You can shoot any time all day I think? (Must shoot with a partner to attempt to qualify)
30 targets spread out across the end of the arena and into the seats.

I will be there probably shooting Saturday in the MBR or Money class.
I shot for the first time myself last year in HC and did OK.
Make sure you bring your steady nerves, there's lots of eyes watching.[:-]

Oh and a properly set 3rd axis!! LOL

Old 01-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Rick,
$15,($30 for the $$ class) IBO rules and distances.........IBO equipment and center scoring rings but they score as 12 not 11 for this shoot.
You can shoot any time all day I think? (Must shoot with a partner to attempt to qualify)

Alright, I may end up showing for this. I have to find a way to sight in the Allegiance for this though before now and then. Right now I only have a 20 yard .039 pin on it. Hopefully I can get a 20, 30, and 40 yard pin setup in the next week so I can shoot.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, you may want to set a 50 yard also. Just a tip.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

When I was heavy into 3D I did really well at Harrisburg. I shot on a Monday and won that particular day inviting me back for Saturdays finals....I couldn't make Saturday because of work so I went Sunday as part of a 4 man team shoot. My score Sunday beat first place Saturday....oh well....

It's a very interesting shoot. Most of us are use to shooting on level ground and downhill/out of a treestand. Rarely do you get to shoot at angles uphill. As well as what Matt mentioned, also don't forget to bend at the waist....draw level, bend back...don't raise your bow arm....I could give you a real hint on judging distance but....remember what I told you Matt?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick,

Do you know anywhere that they have scores from last year posted?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am so tempted to shoot. I never shot anything like that. I guess what I am trying to say is I dont want to make a jackass out of myself.[&:] I will probably be there working at a booth.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rick,
Hopefully this works.......(pic of the results board through 1/2 of the finals last year) You can at least see the qualifying scores and some of the finals results. Hunter Class is listed as MHC (male hunter class).

Old 01-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick,
Hopefully this works.......(pic of the results board through 1/2 of the finals last year) You can at least see the qualifying scores and some of the finals results. Hunter Class is listed as MHC (male hunter class).

Awesome.....exactly what I was looking for. I am just trying to get an idea of where I need to be....lol. Unfortunately I won't be able to shoot if I qualify, but at least I have an opportunity to put my name on that board. I plan to shoot on this upcoming Saturday around early afternoon.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately looks like I will be there now. Will there be a Bowtech booth there Matt? Do you plan to be there Saturday? I would love to meet a few of you there.

Quick Reply: Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.