Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Harrisburg Sportsmans Show - 3D shoot ?'s

Rick,
No Bowtech booth.......a couple dealers though. Swatara Creek Outfitters, and Kinsey's I'm pretty sure.
I'll be shooting Saturday at some point, not sure if it'll be first thing or a little later in the day. It's kinda tough to decide how you want handle that gear in there because of the crowds and difficulty getting to your vehicle depending upon where you park.
I'll have some sort of Bowtech shirt on, maybe a black long sleeve mock Tneck with Bowtech down one sleeve. You can't miss me.You ever been there before?
I think Frank (PABowhuntr and DOPVft will be there as well? Maybe Sunday though?)

Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Rick,
No Bowtech booth.......a couple dealers though. Swatara Creek Outfitters, and Kinsey's I'm pretty sure.
I'll be shooting Saturday at some point, not sure if it'll be first thing or a little later in the day. It's kinda tough to decide how you want handle that gear in there because of the crowds and difficulty getting to your vehicle depending upon where you park.
I'll have some sort of Bowtech shirt on, maybe a black long sleeve mock Tneck with Bowtech down one sleeve. You can't miss me.You ever been there before?
I think Frank (PABowhuntr and DOPVft will be there as well? Maybe Sunday though?)
I've been there several times, but it has been almost 10 years. Can't wait!! I have seen your pics before so I am sure I will recognize you when we arrive. Hopefully we can meet up at some point.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who's that guy who took first in the finals of the MHC?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would someone explain what the initials are for each class? Thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

bullmoose38 -

The class you would probably shoot in I am guessing is MHC (Mens Hunter Class).

MHC is most likely your class if you are shooting a hunting bow. Basic equipment rules is as follows. This is what I will be shooting in.

Pins sight w/ less than 4 pins total
12" or shorter stabilizer, only one allowed
No lenses or clarifiers
4" or longer vanes (no blazers)
screw in points (no glue ins)
Targets will have a max distance of APPROXIMATELY 35 yards

www.ibo.net/rules

I shot a vegas face tonight and pulled of my first 440+ score. I shot a 441 w/ 22 X's tonight with the allegiance at 70lbs with the 356 grain pro 22's, a 12" AEP and my hogg it w/ .019 pins. I will also be walking around this whole week with the rangefinder in my pocket too guessing stuff...............
Old 01-31-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

bullmoose38 -

The class you would probably shoot in I am guessing is MHC (Mens Hunter Class).

MHC is most likely your class if you are shooting a hunting bow. Basic equipment rules is as follows. This is what I will be shooting in.

Pins sight w/ less than 4 pins total
12" or shorter stabilizer, only one allowed
No lenses or clarifiers
4" or longer vanes (no blazers)
screw in points (no glue ins)
Targets will have a max distance of APPROXIMATELY 35 yards

www.ibo.net/rules

I shot a vegas face tonight and pulled of my first 440+ score. I shot a 441 w/ 22 X's tonight with the allegiance at 70lbs with the 356 grain pro 22's, a 12" AEP and my hogg it w/ .019 pins. I will also be walking around this whole week with the rangefinder in my pocket too guessing stuff...............
Rick,
Thanks for the info. I shoot 3 inch vanes and 5 pin sight. I guess I will have to change for next year.[] Maybe I will see you down there.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Adam,
You could shoot MBR (pins out to 45 yards no stabilizer, arrow restrictions, 5 pins allowed)

.......or just shoot for fun and shoot any class (max yardage)thatyou want. You only need to conform to the IBO rules if you are trying to qualify or compete in the finals.
Nobody says you can't just shoot for the heck of it, and a lot of people do.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Matt, I haven't been paying attention to dates...what Saturday are you shooting....I'll make it a point to come down because we're not doing a booth this year and I can wonder a little more....I should shoot be heck, I'm not set up for it....I'm assuming your talking this Sat....if so, Jenny's off and maybe she'll come along...of course you'll have to keep your eyes on the targets..hate to distract you that way.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, I haven't been paying attention to dates...what Saturday are you shooting....I'll make it a point to come down because we're not doing a booth this year and I can wonder a little more....I should shoot be heck, I'm not set up for it....I'm assuming your talking this Sat....if so, Jenny's off and maybe she'll come along...of course you'll have to keep your eyes on the targets..hate to distract you that way.
We'll definitely be there this Saturday......Not sure how serious we're going to take the shooting but we're going to have fun anyway. A buddy from NY is coming down and my neighbor who has never shot a 3D course before so there willbe some instruction mixed in with the actual shooting.

By all means bring that pretty thing along......just keep her hidden while I'm shooting. She does qualify as a distraction.Tell her I said hello while your at it, I know she misses me.[8D]