Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

oh snapdili-icious

Old 01-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: oh snapdili-icious

ORIGINAL: gibblet

thanks ausie.

rick, where is your draw post setting?
It's raining out and it is in the back of my car in a case......I will let you know tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:02 PM

thanks man, i'm interested, we have the same modules.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Currently just past the 3rd mark from the top. I am pulling 51lbs, and holding 14 at full draw. Basically set at 72% letoff. It has a fairly short valley this way, but it makes me maintain good backtension. It pounds X's this way too when I am doing my part.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:42 AM

thanks matt.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 AM

i just wanted to add that i was very nervous about working on this binary system after everything i've read, all the questions, and all the posts in multiple forums on the exact steps to take, and how exact and complicated it seemed...

WOW was i surprised. i think folks should just forget everything they read and decide to just pick up the bow and figure out how it works - not try and take steps x, y, and z to get things just right. it will take about 30 seconds with a clear mind.

step 1: pull on 1 of the cables and see what it does - oh, it controls that cam.

step 2: pull on the other cable and see what it does - oh, it controls the other cam

step 3: pull on the string and see what it does - oh, it moves both the cams the same at the same time

so, if 1 cam needs to go a certain way a bit, but the other doesn't- just adjust the cable that moves it when you pull on it. if pulling on it makes it go the right way then add a twist - if pulling on it makes it go the wrong way - take out a twist

if both cams are in the same position, but need to go 1 way a bit - see if pulling on the string makes them go the right way - if it does add a twist to the string - if it doesn't take 1 out.

nothing could really be more simple if you decide to understand how the system works instead of memorizing steps.

now, to try and figure out what color strings to build for it, maybe red/white/blue.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree 100%. I think people get so wrapped up into following those instructions in fear of hitting 100% letoff that they forget the basics of tuning a bow.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's good to hear, from an outsiders perspective the numerous threads on how to do what make the cam system seem complicated.

I actually had my pro-shop guy ask me how I felt about bowtechs' going to a two cam bow. I said well they look like dual cams, but they are called binaries........, He replied- they are dual cams.....

Old 02-01-2006, 05:07 PM

it pretty much tunes like a dually.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 AM

just ordered my first accessory for the new baby, a nap target infinity with the tuning gauge. comes with 4 launcher heads. when nap gets some in from the machinist it'll be coming in the mail.

for a sight i'm thinking htm last word or a hoggernaut if i get rich.

i'm thinking some specialty archery stabs, vbar, andoffsets, but haven't decided completely there yet.

gonna have to wait a bit for the next one. the new machine's been letting me make more money, but i've been investing it all in material by the pound- end serving, centerserving, and the like - and its a lot of money that way, but it saves a lot of money in the long run. in the end the savings will end up paying forthe bowand accessories - at least that's what i'm telling myself.