Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

another split limb possibly

Old 01-28-2006, 09:17 AM

Default another split limb possibly

Ever since i have been reading about these limb failures on Allegiances i have been worried.I checkmy limbs before and after every shooting session and several times during.Now today i was shooting and heard that "tick" that Gibblet was talking about at full draw.Not thinking to much about it i let the arrow go then checked my limbs and sure enough there is a crack on the bottom limb.I do not have a camera handy so i used ijimmy's pic just as a referance to where it is located.I cannot take it to Len's till Monday cause heis closed today,so should i back the limbs out till then or just let it be?

Old 01-28-2006, 09:23 AM

Default RE: another split limb possibly

that's the famous crack right there. i may get blasted for this, but its fine to keep shooting it until you take it in. in fact, if it happened on a hunting trip, i'd have no problem hunting with it. i have a lot of experience with that exact crack.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I cannot take it to Len's till Monday cause heis closed today,so should i back the limbs out till then or just let it be?
Just let it be and don't shoot it till you get Len to check it out
Old 01-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Is that kind of crack gonna ever fail completely,and is it warrantable?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:37 AM

its covered. i'd shoot it for the weekend, but that's me, and i was told this crack would be fine to shoot for a while by a bowtech sales rep - not a shopowner - a bowtech employee.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:43 AM

Well since the bow is gonna come apart this is a good excuse to order a set of string and cables from Gibblet.How does the black ond orange comeout? is there any color bleeding?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 AM

hey newman, i just found my crack - its identical. mine is on the top limb, but like i said, an exploding pin nock is the culprit. haven't shot in about 3 days but just stuck 6 10's from 20 - 4x. i'll admit it though - i'm scared to shoot it even though i think, and have been told it would be ok. good excuse for me to go pick up a constitution LOL.

i don't know if bcy changed the colored wax or what, but the last 2 spools of black in 452x and the 8125 that just came in don't have nearly the amount of black wax on them as usual. usually after using black my hands are covered. i never have known if the string bled and turned the wax black or if it came with black wax - but its been a real issue. i just made a black and orange yesterday and it came out crispy clean.

i'm serious - unless some sense strikes me i'm about to call around about constitutions.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Host of Hosts

Sounds like a good bow
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 AM

Dave:

Bring it by today. Open from 11 - 4.

I can put a new set of limbs on it immediately if you're going hunting tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Dave:

Bring it by today. Open from 11 - 4.

I can put a new set of limbs on it immediately if you're going hunting tomorrow or Tuesday.
Now THAT'S service

Quick Reply: another split limb possibly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.