Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

factory dry firing

Old 01-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default factory dry firing

Does any one here KNOW FOR SURE if there are any manufacturers that dry fire their bows to test durability?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:38 PM

Default RE: factory dry firing

I believe High Country dry fired a test bow to see how many dry fires it could take.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if they are testing it, but I would not want to think of a bow being dry fired and then sold....... never done it myself, but sure it can't be good for em, or so they say! [&:]
Old 01-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

how many dry fires did it with stand

Old 01-29-2006, 10:02 AM

I believe they dry fired it 230-250 times, and it is still fine.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 PM

hoyt dry fires all their bows to test them ." not the ones they sell but test models"
Old 01-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only heard of Hoyt doing this, but can think of one brand off hand that most likely doesn't [8D].
Old 01-31-2006, 02:27 PM

I think most of them do this for quality control checks. They porbably pull one off the line every now and then and put it thur an endurance test or something that may involve dry firing it. I am sure they don't sell bows after doing it. Most likely scrap them or something, and I doubt it gets done very often.

I could be wrong though, I don't work in a bow factory.

Paul
Old 01-31-2006, 03:12 PM

The worry of dry-fire!!!! I can't get it out of my mind when I'm looking at a bow: "Has this been dry fired?"
Idon't think there's any way to really tell. I used to work in a very popular sporting goods store ( I won't say the name! ). If we didn't put zip ties on the bows THE INSTANT they came off the truck, there would be idiots in the back playing with them. You never know what they've done to it. Of course, us "hunting department" guys would do our best to get the strings zip-tied, but there was always somebody messing with them. Guys that worked in other departments and didn't know anything about bows didn't know that you couldn't dry fire them. We always told the manager when we found someone playing with them, but who knows the times nobody saw them. It eventually got to the point that we had to lock them up, even in the back. I'm happy to say that even the money-hungry retail managers wouldn't sell one to a customer if we knew it'd been dry fired. Anyway, I'm sure most of them are fine, but who wants to find out the hard way?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:57 PM

I'm not sure that knowing a bow model hadwithstood dryfiring is a reason to buy it.

Quick Reply: factory dry firing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.