Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance limb crack

Old 01-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Allegiance limb crack

Well pepole Im sorry to report , It happened to me . When out at lunch time today to shoot a few arrows , Had the thing dead nuts tuned and its hitting great . It was a sunny day out so I decide to give the bow a good look over , on the bottom limb 3/4s of the way down towards the pocket on the outside [opposite the string] theres a sliver of glass broken away . Called my dealer and he said he would get new limbs for me . What a shame , this is my 4th bowtech , and first problem . It had < 500 shots thru it , and was pressed correctly , can post pics if requested .
Old 01-26-2006, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Aligence limb crack

consider yourself requested
Old 01-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that ijimmy, but looks like your dealer is right on top of it.

I just got my Allegiance in today, and can't wait to put some arrows through her!!
Old 01-26-2006, 02:06 PM

Wow, that sucks. That is the first time I have heard of any limb issues since the 04 Liberty problem. BowTech will take care of you, trust me, I know from first hand experience.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can I assume it is an '06 due to the fact you have so few (<500) shots through it?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

As much as this pains me to say this. I really wish Bowtech would publically come up with some type of announcement. Anything. I am not in anyway saying there is a problem, but there does seem to be an awefully lot of people reporting limb failures. I personally don't read nearly as many problems from other bow brands. Either people are keeping them hush hush, or they aren't happening as often.

The more I look into it, the more I can see why they would fail in the first place. Tons of pre-load on the limbs. I am by no means an expert so I'm just basing this off my own best judgement.

It seems rather simple to me. Look at the bend in the limbs from the pocket to cam at rest. Now, imagine them at full draw. For me, its easy to see how this could happen.

The more I read about these stories, the more concerned and interested I get.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Antler its an 05 , I waited awhile for an extended windage bar for my TT rest so did not get to shoot it untill that arived .

Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jimmy,
Does it look at all like there is any sort of small nick at the head of that sliver?
I have seen that before where the outer layers are compromised by a small nick or crack in the limb face. If you whack it (I said whack it.)....if you whack it against something small and sharp (Treestep, someone elses cam edge, bowhook etc)without realizing it you can get deep enough to affect the glass itself and it can feather up.
It might be hard to tell now because usually the glass will lift in the shape and width of the nick itself.
Not saying that's the case but that's the most common reason for that type of limb damage that I am aware of. The true CRACKS that you can see in glass limbs that go deep into the limb body are many times due to improper pressing.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Matt , that may be the case , though I cant remember ever hitting the bow on anything , allways treated it like a good lookn girl , handeled with care . Im sure bowtech will take care of me , they have allways been plesent on the phone , never had an issue with any of the other bowtechs Ive owned .
Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Man,this really starting to worry me now.This is getting out of control.

Quick Reply: Allegiance limb crack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.