Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance limb crack

Old 01-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Aligence limb crack

Ah, the wisdome of Antler Eater shines through once again!

I've noticed from talking to various dealers both on- and offline without them knowing I had any affiliation with the company in the slightest capacity that they have always told me that they had no more problems with the BowTech line than they'd experienced with any other company; in fact, some have reported better results than with their other top lines.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Site Bouncer

I wouldn't sweat it. ANY bow can suffer a cracked limb, and there are many reasons, some we know about and I'm sure some we don't.Just make sure Bowtech makes good on replacing them. It's part of our sport...All the more reason to go out and get a second as a backup!!

Good luck getting it fixed, I'm sure it will go smooth.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the moral here is , check your bow , and arrows , and check them often .
Old 01-27-2006, 05:53 AM

you're right about that. i had a pin nock explode a few days ago.the arrow went in the target, but it really sounded like a dry-fire, and when i went to look at the arrow the nock was gone - but the insert was still there. about 10 minutes later i heard and felt that 'tick' at full draw. i haven't found it yet, but i'm pretty sure i split a limb.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

you're right about that. i had a pin nock explode a few days ago.the arrow went in the target, but it really sounded like a dry-fire, and when i went to look at the arrow the nock was gone - but the insert was still there. about 10 minutes later i heard and felt that 'tick' at full draw. i haven't found it yet, but i'm pretty sure i split a limb.

Sorry to hear......
Old 01-27-2006, 07:32 AM

it was really loud, scared the crud out of me. not sure what i think about pin nocks now. maybe i damaged it on my previous shots. i bought a new set of 60# limbs - paid full price - had nothing to do with bowtech, plus i had the 70's turned down. i've just lost the belief that i need to be shooting 70#, and wanted some 60's anyway.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

gibblet,
What was the arrow set-up with the busted pin nock?

I am shooting the new GT pins on all of my shafts this season, 3D and hunting and have "Heard" through the grapevine to keep the arrow weight under 400grs if you are shooting any kind of poundage........so far I have had no problems other than HITTING them but I'm shooting 60# and 350 and 321grs respectively on my 2 different 3D shafts.

I guess the test wil lcome with the Pro Hunters at around 400grs and a 65-70# Allegiance. I'll keep a very close eye on them then.[:-]
Old 01-27-2006, 09:38 AM

matt, i've got them ranging from 375-410 grains, but i've only been shooting 62-63# with them. is that considered a bit too much for them at that weight - or perhaps i damaged one with a shot.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:49 PM

BOWTECH IS A AWSOME COMPANY!THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR BOW -JIMMY! IT LOOKS LIKE O5 MODEL, LOTS OF CHANGES IN 06 MODEL! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST IN BUS. SO DO WORRY LAST YEAR ONLY ABOUT 2% LIMB FAILURE AND THATS OUT 50,000 BOWS!THE COMPANY WILL STAND BE HIND THEIR PRODUCT! THATS WHY I SHOOT BOWTECH!
THAT ALLEGIANCE IS THE BEST BOW I'VE EVER SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!BUT 06 TRIBUTE IS A GOOD ONE TOO!

TENCUP
Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad it is not a self bow. You could just sinew back it and keep shooting, LOL.
[8D]

Good thing you caught it early.

Quick Reply: Allegiance limb crack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.