Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance limb crack

Old 01-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Aligence limb crack

Just a thought that's all........I know I cringe everytime I'm at a 3D shoot standing around in a group and someone swings their bow around without looking.[]I don't even mind the cam to cam clanks nearly as much as the dull thud of someone swinging their cam into a limb face. Sends shudders.......[&o]

I treat mine like gold as well.......or try my best to anyway.Doesn't help the resale value too much if your bow looks like a can opener.

They'll get you squared away pretty quick.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:25 PM

maybe elite will have them using/making/processing better limbs in the future.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm wondering if anyone has had limb problems with the limbs not bottomed out. Maybe we should order the limbs 10 lbs heavier and back off the poundage. Wont loose too much since the limbs pockets are pivoting.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i know how you feel but i dicovered a crack in my F5 right out of the box [:@]my guess is it was messed up by the ever so careful delivery people and i should get it back next week and maybe it will not be defective. They tried to tell me it was a crack in the lamination and i told them they were crazy and to ship it back im not going to take a chance it was obviously not a crak in the lamination because you could see it splintered and it was pretty deep so basically i wasnt taking a chance
Old 01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another question that comes to mind. How many Old Glory or Consitution limb failures have there been in comparison to Allegiances or other VFT bows?

I'd almost be willing to be that if any bow has a problem, its going to be the Tribute. Seeing how the limb pre load is ridiculous on that bow, much like the Allegiance.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzyman,
Actually if I understand the engineering of the 06's correctly the Tribute has less preload than the Allegiance in spite of the crazy parallel look of it........the limb pockets on the Tribute sit at 53 degrees vs the 40 degrees on the Allegiance. The Tribute limbs almost sit back on a straight line with the angle of the limb pocket.

Check out the picture Greg posted of the Allegiance and Tribute side by side and you can see the shallower bend of the limbs in the Tribute.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1397744
Old 01-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah, thanks Matt, I see what you're referring to. I guess this is some of the reason for the speed difference in the Tribute as well.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess this is some of the reason for the speed difference in the Tribute as well.
......you may be right but I suspect the higher brace height has more to do with the speed difference right off the top.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

For all of the Allegiance owners out there, I wouldn't be ready to hit the panic button just yet. There is no guarantee or course,I could find my bow has a cracked limb tomorrow but as of right now after literally thousand of shots my 05 is damage free.

I think the statements made by Kevin has a lot of people on edge concerning the limb issue. Whether his statements are fact or tainted by bitterness only time will tell. Since I don't own a crystal ball I am willing to give Bowtech the benefit of the doubt until provenotherwise.

For the record, I have ownedmost of the top manufacturers bows over the years. Even though I shoot a relatively heavy arrow (currently 470 grains) and treat my bows with as much tender loving care as possible, I have experienced a cracked limb on a number of different brands ofbows. It happens. I can honestly say in every case the manufacterer took care of me superbly.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't panic,,, theycan alldo this.. Ausy-guy had a Mathews right out of the box about knock his head off when a brand new Mathews limb broke. Now we know why he's like he is....

Quick Reply: Allegiance limb crack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.