Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Newly Designed Drop Away Arrow Rest, Built For Accuracy

Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Newly Designed Drop Away Arrow Rest, Built For Accuracy

Cougar,

Sorry, sometimes my terminology gets the best of me. Below the radar screen meaning…there is a threshold where the stock QAD rest will work flawlessly based on arrow speed and draw length. Basically your arrow speed is fast, but just below the point that may cause fletching contact. Most people don’t have any contact with the QAD rest. It’s those very few that have a combination of long draw, fast bow and light arrows that are a thorn in the side for QAD engineers. I’m glad they took the time to find a fix for the few people who do receive fletching contact.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:12 AM

MilDot, you forgot us shooters that have SHORT draw lengths, light arrows and fast bows!

Everyone is picking on MilDot lately.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:36 AM

Ya as hard as I try to remember every detail, I still always leave something out.Maybe that’s a good thing since I’m already long-winded. A-holes deserve to get picked on.By the way…with your bow, how many gpp are your arrows anyway. 5.2?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:40 AM

Or you could get a MZE and not have to worry about that crap all together.JMHO.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: newman1

There's an idea, but doesthe MZEkeep my arrow in the "up" position (off the shelf) during a slow let-down? Does the launcher arm completely surround the arrow shaft on all sides?Doesthe launcher armonly drop when an actual shot is fired? Most importantly can the MZE be adjusted to support arrow shaftfor 8-10 inches consistantly after each shot...no sooner, no later?

I have heard great things about the MZE, but no details...please feel me in on the details.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

ORIGINAL: newman1

There's an idea, but doesthe MZEkeep my arrow in the "up" position (off the shelf) during a slow let-down? Does the launcher arm completely surround the arrow shaft on all sides?Doesthe launcher armonly drop when an actual shot is fired? Most importantly can the MZE be adjusted to support arrow shaftfor 8-10 inches consistantly after each shot...no sooner, no later?

I have heard great things about the MZE, but no details...please feel me in on the details.
1: Does it keep the arrow "up"off the shelf during a slow let down?The answer is no it lets the arrow down "slow".I do not see what the benefit is of having the arrow "up" off the shelf after a let down.I mean if you get another shot ata deer do you still not have to draw again??
2oes the launcher arm completely surround the arrow shaft at all times?Again the answer is no.I do not hunt upside down nor do i hunt sideways,so this is not a concern for me.If you can't keep the arrow in the launcher arm on a MZE,then a little more attention to what is going on is in order.
3oes the launcher arm only drop when an actual shot is fired?Again the answer is no.The launcher arm drops regardless of it being fired or a "slow" let down.
4:Can the MZE be adjusted to support the arrow shaft for 8-10 inches consistantly after each shot...no sooner,no later?Well i will put this way i have never measured how far the rest supports my shafts,but it would seem to me that as long as the arrow is being supported long enough to get stabilized and shoot accuratelythen it wasadjusted just long enough.And it would a seem that as long as thelauncher arm drops in time to not allow fletching contact then it adjusted just long enough..I do not see where the 8-10 inches you claim an arrow has to be supported comes from.The point is if my arrow only gets supported for 6 inches and gets true arrow flight and has no fletching contact, then how is my rest adjusted improperly?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:55 AM

Yep, 350 grains@67lb draw weight = 5.22 GPP. I've been playing with some insert tubes and heavier tips to get them to 410 grains.

Newman, I have heard that there are different troubles to mount the MZE on the newer Bowtechs. Not saying they won't work, just that you have to tweak them a little also. I also like the total containment of the QAD.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 AM

Newman1,

I appreciate your time to answer the questions. It helped very much. To avoid 3 pages of debate, I’ll chalk all my questions up to personal preference.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 PM

1: Does it keep the arrow "up"off the shelf during a slow let down?The answer is no it lets the arrow down "slow".I do not see what the benefit is of having the arrow "up" off the shelf after a let down.I mean if you get another shot ata deer do you still not have to draw again??
Some people stalk deer, turkeys, and varmits. Having the arrow let down and leave total containtment can be a no-no walking through bush.

2oes the launcher arm completely surround the arrow shaft at all times?Again the answer is no.I do not hunt upside down nor do i hunt sideways...
While I agree about upside down, I often hold my bow sideways as I crouch walk up on turkeys and varmits.

3oes the launcher arm only drop when an actual shot is fired?Again the answer is no.The launcher arm drops regardless of it being fired or a "slow" let down.
See Comment #1 Response

The QAD is the only fall-away that seems to have a consistently good rep as an inertia rest. For those of us who stalk and want a fall-away, there seems that there are few other options.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM

Just like the GKF Mirage rest, I jumped on the QAD rest when it first hit the market. In both cases, the problems out-weighed the assets at the 'standard' level of todays equipment needs.

GKF 'lovers' immediately came to the 'rescue' on behalf of their favorite manufacturer. They took shots at me from all directions on many forums. GKF, on the other hand, began fixing the problems that all their shooters claimed didn't exist.

In this particular case, it seems that QAD is addressing a problem that they sayexists. Again, I'll state that their 'corrective action' is contrary to the problems/solutions that I described in a previous post.

With all due respect, I'll buy the newer version and conduct some further testing.

Quick Reply: Newly Designed Drop Away Arrow Rest, Built For Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.