Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what equipment do the pros use

Old 01-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Default what equipment do the pros use

Just curious, new to the forum. does anybody have an idea on the gear teh the pros use/ i was wondering because bill winke shot a couple of bucks with a hoyt this year. i know that he test a lot of bows during the year, but wondering if he hunted with hoyt a great deal of the time.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what equipment do the pros use

What ever they're sponsors give them!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:06 AM

Yeah it's pretty hard not to shoot good deer when your given the best of equipment and hunt the best of deer habitat[:@]
Old 01-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ah, you ever hunted mature whitetail bucks before?
Old 01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

The "pros" shoot the same as everybody else. In fact you'd be surprised to learn the "nontech" alot of todays "pro" bowhunters use. Most if not all are not speed freaks either. I once saw a poll on "celeb/pro" shooters and most shoot in the 240-260 fps range.....and like mentioned above, whatever the high end sponsor is at the time is the bow of choice for many, few stick to what they like.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

.....and like mentioned above, whatever the high end sponsor is at the time is the bow of choice for many, few stick to what they like.
And, IMO, is the tragedy of the business. These guys can't even "promote" what they really like. They are forced to promote who ever pays them more, and supplies more stuff. That's another reason I don't pay very close attention to what the tv folks are using. Hunting shows, though I really like watching them, are just advertisements.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are forced to promote who ever pays them more, and supplies more stuff.
They're not forced to do anything. If they prostitute themselves to use and promote something other than what they like, then they've made a definite choice to do that. They could just as easily decide to stick with and promotewhat they like. Of course, if they did that, they wouldn'tbe pros any more.

Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 PM

the real pros are the guy's that have the ability to make and successfuly take gamewith their own sticks.How much better can one get than that?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:33 PM

Not much, but I contest that a pro is one who gets paid to do a job.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am not sure what you are refering to as "pros". Tournament (target )shooters or so called pro hunters.

"Pro" hunters will usually use whatever their main sponsors tell them to promote for that year.

Pro target shooters will use whatever they like from the main sponsors.

I know that Michael Braiden used an Ultratec with spirals last year and Easton Axis arrows.

Somehow I don't think this is what Hoyt was pushing as their main hunting bow but it is definately one of the best choices to take to the field.Ifyou like spirals.As a matter of fact,the vtec was being pushed last year.

Quick Reply: what equipment do the pros use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.