Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ok I Don't Get It?

Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 AM

Default Ok I Don't Get It?

I'm planning on ordering a "STS Stablizer" for my Browning Backdraft. Yes its an older bow 2 years or so. I am confused on the front and rear mount. I have a stablizer that mounts off the front of the bow. However it has the cable guard mount, looks like it goes though the riser. Which "STS" do I need. Im having issues holding consistant groups and wrisp slapping with the string this should elimante that right?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:13 AM

Default RE: Ok I Don't Get It?

I figured it out. Rear mount.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you have a spot on the back of your riser sop that you could put counter balance stabilizer then yes you need the rear mount but if you don't have a spot to screw it into on the back then you'll need the fromy mounted one .I don't think the STS will correct that part ,it's either your form could be off, or your draw length is too long . Are you sure that the draw length is correct ,double check it to make sure .As for your form try to turn your body away from the bow just a bit and don't stand so square to your bow while shooting and see if this help's .The STS is meant to cut down on string vibration's ,not wrist slap or inconsistant shooting .

nubo
Old 01-20-2006, 06:41 AM

it will put an end to wrist slap though because it stops the string at brace height. while i never experience wrist slap without it, it allows me to wear a much heavier coat while hunting.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:44 AM

Got a rear mount ordered up. If this doesn't fit i could get a longer bolt to run it though the cable guard and the sts. Do i remove the cable guard when I install this thing?
Old 01-20-2006, 06:46 AM

If i run the front mount I have to remove my front stablizer.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Browning !

I'm sure you can mount the stabilizer to the STS if it's a front mount ,but you should ask that question when you order it .

nubo
Old 01-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

TerryM! get in here and answer that question ,I know you use the STS because you've been hounding me to get one LOL,which I just might do this spring .LOL

nubo
Old 01-20-2006, 07:53 AM

no, you don't remove your cable rod. it mounts well below the cable guard.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:30 PM

I don't have any extra front or rear bushing holes. Im goint to mount it on the rear, figure a way out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.