Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ok I Don't Get It?

Old 01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok I Don't Get It?

I don't have any extra front or rear bushing holes. Im goint to mount it on the rear, figure a way out.
If your bow does not have a rear stabilizer mounting hole then there is no way you can install the rear mount STS.

My advice would be to contact them and if they have not yet shipped it get a front mount STS.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:34 AM

What about a longer bolt though the cable guide and the sts?
Old 01-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm planning on ordering a "STS Stablizer" for my Browning Backdraft. Yes its an older bow 2 years or so. I am confused on the front and rear mount. I have a stablizer that mounts off the front of the bow. However it has the cable guard mount, looks like it goes though the riser. Which "STS" do I need. Im having issues holding consistant groups and wrisp slapping with the string this should elimante that right?
First thing---directly behind your front stabilizer hole "might be" another hole that is machined and threaded as well.The stabilizer is mounted up front,while the STS is mounted behind"threaded in"
If the "hole" isn't there then you will need the front mount style--no way around it.You can still mount your stabilizer as well.
Having issues holding consistent groups could be a few problems.First would be more practice on form and release but the more obvious would be like nubo said---YOUR draw lenght----have it checked.
And wrist slap-----quite common with to much draw length.
The STS may cure the wrist slap but not the inconsistent groups.
Good luck.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:08 AM

I still don't get it[&:]
Old 01-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a visual of what we are talking about hopefully it will clear things up