Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Get your Arrow Trajectory/Ballistic/KE Information

Old 01-19-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Get your Arrow Trajectory/Ballistic/KE Information

Check out this link if you are interested in figuring out your down range velocities and KE levels. All you need is the speed of your arrows out ofyour bow andthis softwareshould save you from having to shoot through the chrono brackets at longer ranges. I just compared my chrono results to this software andthis is what I have learned.

http://home.att.net/~sajackson/ballistics.html

I have found that with a hunting set-up and hunting size arrows and vanes that this softwareis very accurate to my actual chrono results. Make sure you select feather on the chartnot plastic vanes, even if you do have plastic vanes. For some reason when you select the plastic vane fletching the software gives you numbers that are above the actual and true speeds. Fill in the rest of the details and select feathers and it will be very close.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Get your Arrow Trajectory/Ballistic/KE Information

I've been using that ballistics program for a long time. Very good stuff. I can't get the link to Andrew Middleton's graphing trajectory calculator to work any longer and I'm really bummed about that. [&o]It's an excellent tool in it's own right.