Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Binary cams

Old 01-19-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Bowtech Binary cams

I have a question for all the newer Bowtech shooters. I had the single cam Liberty and i must say that it was a great bow. Im in the market for a new bow again and i just wanted to hear what everyones thoughts were on the newer Binary cam system by bowtech? I guess im just wondering if i should stick with the single cam or give this a try. Any info or thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
ryan
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Binary cams

I ditched single cams years ago , the e cam is awesome , dead level nock travel , and the servings just dont wear , I have an old glory and alligence , both excelent bows , grab one .
Old 01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

There awsome queit fast no shock get one you wont be disapointed
Old 01-19-2006, 09:04 AM

They can say it better than I can:

"Single, hybrid, and dual cam systems all share the same limitation, an inability to equalize imbalances within the shooting system. All of these eccentric systems ultimately anchor to the bow's limb(s), rather than to each other. So any slight imbalance in the limbs or string lengths changes the effective geometry and performance of the cam system, resulting in poor nock travel, tuning headaches, loss of total efficiency, and poor arrow flight. Notice that all three of the traditional eccentric systems (below) feature a split y-harness (buss cable) that "hard-wires" the cam system directly to the limb tip".

"This is not true of the Binary Cam System. The new Binary Cam System is unlike any other cam on the market today. Binary Cams are not anchored to the opposing limbs, they're anchored only to each other, so they function as a smooth and seamless single unit. When you draw and shoot a Binary Cam System bow, any imbalances in the system (limb deflections, varying cable lengths, frictional variations, etc.) are automatically corrected and equalized. So the cams are always in absolute synchronization. This unique coupling of the Binary Cam System ensures you get the most consistent, most efficient, most accurate shot possible - every single time you shoot. The auto-correcting Binary Cam System delivers a perfect arrow every time, bringing a whole new meaning to the term "forgiving". Binary Cams are not just a cam choice, they're the next step in compound bow evolution".

Can somebody please post the statement inside the birth certificate, or on the back side of birth certificate. I love the way BowTech words it and my BC is at home. I think it would be great to see it posted here.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the info! I have one more question. Is there a difference in the 05 and the 06 Allegiance? Thats the bow im really considering at the time. Thanks
ryan
Old 01-19-2006, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter12

Thanks for the info! I have one more question. Is there a difference in the 05 and the 06 Allegiance? Thats the bow im really considering at the time. Thanks
ryan
Since your starting from scratch, pay the extra and get the 2006. Everyday that goes by, it seems we are learning aboutmore andmore changes/refinements to the 2006 bows. More than just the major differences everybody is talking about.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 06's are improved upon , centershot is shifted inward closer to the center of the risor , they have modular cams that are draw adjustable , and are reportably 10-15 fps faster than the 05's , allso camo cabel gaurd rods