Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot owners, past and present........

Old 01-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Patriot owners, past and present........

how do you or did you like this bow? See, my current hunting bow(Martin Cougar Magnum) is nearly 6 years old now. I've shot the Binary cam bows, and while they shoot very nicely, I prefer the Patriot. I don't care if Bowtech quit building them or not, the draw cycle and smoothness upon release just fits me to a tee. I shot the shop owner's 60 lb. model cranked down(61 lbs.) and it was smooooooth! He even adjusted the letoff to as close to 65% as we could get and still have a slight valley. Pulled and shot a new 70 lb. Patriot he was nice enough to set up...the bow doesn't feel like 70!!!

I don't feel the handshock that perhaps some past Infinity cam owners might say they felt....it was that good to me. I want to stress he was not pushing a new '05 Patriot on me..........he said I could shoot any bow in his shop and didn't care which bow I was interested in..Allegiance, Old Glory, etc.(no tributes in stock yet). Sooooooo, past and present Patriot owners..............how is or how well did your Patriot hold up? Anything I should be aware of as far as tuning issues? Just narrowing down my choices and I am not concerned on what brand it is. But after shooting a new Patriot its clearly in the mix, maybe at the top of my list.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Patriot owners, past and present........

The Patriot is a great bow ,I have the Dually version and I have friend's who own the single cam version and I'm yet to hear a negative remark about them .They're smooth to draw and easy to tune .
It's a great bow and if he give's you a good deal on it ,I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as my friend's love their's.
The Dually on the other hand is also awsome and I won't sell it ,but it's not quite as smooth as the Patriot single ,but after installing the floating yoke's ,I'm sure it's pretty close to the same smoothness ,but it does have a shorter valley than it's brother .

nubo
Old 01-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 03 single cam 60lb Patriot. I am in the process of trying to convince myself if I need one of this years new bowtechs ( Tribute or Equalizer ). I have not held or drawn the equalizer yet so can't comment on it but I did draw the Tribute. What I find is that binary cam bows are not as smooth as my Patriot, I find they have a "hump" that is not present in mine. The Patriot is a beautiful bow and current speed wise with most of the new stuff. I say if it works for you snap one up as there are great deals out there right now for 05's. I in reality will probably not be switching this year as so far nothing has felt better in my hands.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Coug.

The very first Bowtech I ever owned was the Patriot it was by far the biggest mistake I have made

It hooked me on Bowtech and I have owned a bunch of them since I shot that first Patriot.

My wife has kindly given me permission to get another hunting bow (as I sold most of my bows to pay for her medical bills)I would love to get another Patriot but it is out of production now so I have ordered the next best thing the Diamond Victory which is basicly the Patriot at an affordable price
Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's probably the best hunting bow I have ever owned. I do really like the level nock travel though on the binary cams.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:17 PM

I have a 03 Dually. This is one sweet hunting rig. Fast, smooth, and shock free. I dont care for short ATA bows tribute/switchback etc. I am 6ft 5in and they feel like a toy. I plan on keeping this for my hunting bow for a long while. Now I just need to save some money for a target setup.
I would comb ebay and AT classified ads for one should be able to pick one up in the $350 range.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also having a hard time trying to convince myself I need a new bow. The want is there, just not the need. My 04 Patriot's draw force curve is just about as perfect as I could ask for. I've shot the other big names solo cam with the same specs and thier draw is much stiffer from the get go IMHO that the Pat's which builds gradually before smoothly rollong over.

TodayI realized my ATA had grown by 3/8" as compared to where I set it up before season. OnceI got the bow back to factory specs of 33" ata & 7" brace it is now pulling 76# when maxed out. Which isn't correct[:'(]. I had a limb issue a while back and now suspect something is a miss with the new limbs I received. I either still have incorrect rockers or my limbs deflections are off. Tomorrow I'll be taking it to the bowshop to compare rockers and get the numbers off the limbs to see what their deflection is.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting the 04 Patriot SC and couldent be happier.I am sure the 05 is just as good or better.
I read another one of your threads and want to congratulate you on purchasing your Pat.
Is the name change coming?
Old 01-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks extreme1, no name change yet. By the way, going to get a 1.5 module today. It would fit me a tad better and get my letoff closer to what I want.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar, after shooting most of the newer up & comings (mostly yesterday) your Patriot will give all of them a run for the money.
I know an STS would benfit all bows equally, but with my STS installed my bow was as smooth or smoother than the other models I tested.
The draw on the Pat is till just right IMHO.

Quick Reply: Patriot owners, past and present........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.