Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

STS on Allegiance

Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 AM

Default STS on Allegiance

I am thinking of getting the double STS for my Allegiance.Does anyone shoot these on their Allegiance,and if so what are your thoughts.With a 30- day money back guarantee how could i go wrong?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:46 AM

Default RE: STS on Allegiance

I have the standard STS system on my Allegiance and I to was looking at the double. I have a few concerns about it though. First, how much better can it really be? How are two STS stoppers within a couple inches of each other really going to help? Maybe a little faster vibration reduction for the string but thats about it. My second concern was setting the system up. To get it to actually perform its best you would have to set both stoppers at the exact same distance from the string, otherwise one is pretty much not being used. My final concern is with weight. I know that the STS system doesn't feel heavy but if you take one off a bow and put it back on you can feel a noticeable differance. I would think that this new double STS system would probablly be around 135% heavier which just doesn't seem worth it.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:18 PM

According to StS man the single rear mount weighs 3 ounces and the double rear mounts weighs 5 ounces.His numbers not mine.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:18 PM

Dave:

If you get one, bring it by the shop and let's do some testing. We canput a db meter on it to see if noise increasesas it did on my bow.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:51 PM

so your saying that the db reading went up not down???????????? well mabay i might rethinks my thought of buying one
Old 01-16-2006, 11:38 AM

Will do Len,but gonna have to wait because all the new doubles came back from anodizing all scratched up.It seems that the anodizing company did not wrap the things and shipped them loose.[&:]By the way i'll be up on Wednesday to pay the rest of my bill,totally forgot sorry.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:50 PM

I had the same experience as Len with my Scepter target bow.

I've been experimenting with string & cable lengths to change the brace height. One experiment with longer strings & cables gave me a brace height approximately 5/8" less. However, the string also slaps my arm. I put on the STSwhich cured this, but it is much louder due to the slap of the string on the STS.

Anybody that's been around a Scepter knows it is not designed to be quiet. With the STS, some of the guys at my club don't want to shoot next to me.