Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fixing fiber optic pins?

Old 10-16-2002, 08:56 PM

Default Fixing fiber optic pins?

Is there anyway to fix or replace the fiber optics on my bow sight (toxonic HybridIV) I imagine they are all pretty simular. I can't see buying a whole new pin just for something as fragile as the fiber optics. I have two broken ones and I assume I'm not the first. i would appreciate any info. Thanks
Timbow.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:10 PM

Default RE: Fixing fiber optic pins?

I doubt there is any way to fix them. Fiber optics are long, slender length-wise strands, and they work best as one solid strand. Even if you glued them they probably won't gather light near as well. According to their website, they carry replacement pins. I assume you have checked the shop/store where you bought the site to see if they carry just the pins themselves? http://www.toxonics.com/parts.html

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 10-17-2002, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

Pick up the color fiber optic from your pro shop. If your pin is not the wrap around kind and has two holes where the fiber optic fits....put the fiber optic in the hole closest to the mount and have it stick out just a little. Take a screwdriver (or something) and heat the tip and touch the end of the fiber optic where it sticks out of the pin, it will flatten it out a little so it won't come back thru the hole. Next take the other end of the fiber optic and put it thru the other hole. Pull it tight (not too much pressure), cut so there is just a little sticking out and touch it with the hot screwdriver tip. You're ready to go. Just remember the more that sticks out your hole the larger you "dot" will be. Make sure you buy the correct fiber optic size.

Old 10-18-2002, 07:56 PM

Thank You.