Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:35 AM

Default RE: Any negatives to EZE Wraps on arrows?

I have had good luck using them the last 2 seasons , but did have one negative incident !

I shoot a WB rest and for some reason on a shot on a doe............I had one vane break loose and the arrow sailed over and behind the deer !! I was like WTF !!

I checked the arrow out and the vane was still abrely on and the actual paint had broken loose from the backer paper and was still stuck to the fletch !!

I have kept hunting with them and no more problems...........but man I was glad it wasn't a big buck !!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:31 AM

I have used them for a year with no problems. I think they look great.

I cut 1/2" from the width so the overlap is very small. I also cut them to 5" long. This is just personal preference because I think they look better with the short Blazers. Don't use the crazy glue type of adhesive for your vanes. It seems to bleed through the wrap which makes is a little more difficult to clean up the arrow when refletching them.

Here is a pic when I was testing 3 vs 4 fletch. The wraps are the full 7" long also.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the replys and thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Those are some great looking arrows. I appreciate the advice.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bjanakos

Is there any bennefit to using wraps? Or is it all for looks? I am just nnot understanding why to use them.
I commented earlier that a negative was if you wanted to replace one vane and you have wraps on your arrow, you need to replace them all plus the wrap. On the other hand, If you want to refletch, if you heat the wrap and peel it off along with the old vanes, you don't need to scrape off residual glue, sand, prep arrows, etc. Just put on a new wrap and fletch away. Also, if you're looking for a slightly heavier arrow, the wrap adds a little weight.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

Don't know if you would consider this negative, but if you have wraps and damage one vane, you need to replace them all plus the wrap. Other than that, no problem at all.
If you shoot feathers fletch with tape. This will not ruin the wrap. If you shoot vanes. You are s*@t out of luck. The tape dont hold vanes. Hope this helps someone.