Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

how long should my arrow be

Old 01-05-2006, 11:35 AM

Default how long should my arrow be

HI I WANT TO KNOW IF I SHOULD USE A SMALLER ARROW. I JUST GOT A HOYT TRYKON IN 27IN. LENGTH AND IT SET AT 65LBS. I AM USING A 30IN CARBON ARROW. I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS IS RIGHT OR CAN I GO SHORTER. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:40 AM

Default RE: how long should my arrow be

sounds like you should be able to go to 28". Your pro-shop should be able to tell you exactly what you need.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:06 PM

Default RE: how long should my arrow be

Some like to adjust their arrow length to use as a tuning aid for spine rangeand accuracy, shortest isn't always better.

If your looking to just go as short as posible, just nock your arrow, draw it all the way back and make a mark on arrow where it is supported by the arrow rest. Now measure 1 inch in front of that mark and that should be the position to cut your arrows. Most arrow lengths depend on what style arrow rest you have and riser configuration. Before you cut your arrows on that 1 inch forward of mark, verify tht there isenough clearance for your hunting broadhead.