Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who's gonna be reporting back from the ATA?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Default RE: Who's gonna be reporting back from the ATA?

I have seen nothing earth shattering this year from anyone ...........nothing !!

There were several things that caught my attention at the show.
1) There were some very nice new bow cases out there,
2) PSE/AR impressed me with theirMachX and Velocity bows.

I know the Velocity has a low brace height, but it doesn't twist in your hand like most of the newhigher BH bows I shot. The forgiveness comes from the almostdeflexed riser design. Some of the other manufacturers were even impressed with this new design.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:54 PM

I heard nothing but good things about the Mach X. Len what do you think about the air-rest.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 PM

It's a neat idea that needs a LOT of work before it's marketable to the masses.

The samples on some bows at the show failed while I was trying to shoot them. I talked to the inventor and gave him some advise.

It was funny. While I was at the Air-Rest booth to ask questions, someone was breathing over my shoulder. I turned around and it was someone who knew about me and wanted to hear the questions I would ask and what responses I got. He got an ear full.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

(It really soundsto me as if everyone is asking them to makea modern-day MQ-1).
AMENWe have been saying this forever ..... Mathews Bring back that old workhorse of a bow.... its what people have been asking for... I have been looking for a good used one in my draw for a year.... and I dont even shoot Mathews bows , but I will if its a good ole MQ1... they are a great bow IMO.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:03 AM

Len, I haven't seen those bows yet or the new cases..........although I read some comments about how some of the new cases were better than SKB's ! I look forward to seeing all of those items !! Been trying to find pictures of the bows but haven't stumbled up on any yet !!

MQ1shooter , I don't mean any personal attack butif you knew the Prestige was not offered in a 30" then why in the world are you saying nock 10fps of for going from a 30" to 29" .............it seems to me the way to say that is to add 10 fps for going to a 30" from a 29" and you have a 332 fps single cam with a 6" bh ...........whichis not earth shattering but impressive for a single cam .And unless you have chrono'd this new bow............why the " over inflated speed" stuff.............I mean come on........not every bow hits IBO no matter who's making it .............but most of my Mathews have hit close.........some under ,some over, most rightin line !!

And the grip on the Prestige,Apex7 , and Apex are all slim & intergrated into the riser.........so Mathews is obviously listening to someone about changing grips !! So what is so very "disappointing".............I don't get it ???

Old 01-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

why in the world are you saying nock 10fps of for going from a 30" to 29"
Because at that point I was talking about the Tribute... which needed to have an inch taken off its IBO specs so it would compare apples to apples.

No personal attack taken, we just saw things through different sets of eyes. Best wishes to you, CBM!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:21 AM

Fair enough !!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

That velocity is definatly diferant , several new inovations , allmost makes me want to try a singal cam again Loooooong risor , 9" limbs , reflex , built in bow press , cabelgaurd that bends in at full draw to eliminate or lessen toqure tons of adjustment on the cam , and they claim straight and level nock travel . Its diferant for sure .