Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who's gonna be reporting back from the ATA?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's gonna be reporting back from the ATA?

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Here's a photo from the show(actually the limo to the show)with no caption.

Thanks for just not slapping pics together.....and btw thamks for the report on the Ross bows...I already got them off Archerytalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Christine I am with you... After sgooting the BowTech Equalizer at the show I think I may just get one, I really enjoyed shooting it and the nice fella at the booth was willing to chrono the bow with me and try different stabilizers on the bow with me as well. That bow at 27 inch draw, 60 lbs shooting 302 fps... TALK ABOUT A FAST BOW for us ladies and shorter draw archers.... I even shot the Equalizer at 26 1/2 inch draw with 52lbs and a heavy 387 grain arrow and I still got 250 FPS. We are a new shop and have only been open 5 months. We just became a BowTech Dealer so I cant wait to get them in and play with them some more and the Tribute looks like a great shooter also... we sold over 50 Hoyt Bows and nearly the same # of Mathews as well as selling Parker , Jennings and Reflex and Bear in the last 4 months at our shop so now were goinna see if we can do as well at selling the BowTechs... I dont think it will be tough with the speed and accuracy these bows have. The Diamond Bows looked great also especially the Liberty!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:43 AM

I begining to think Ill be reading about the bows from this years ATA on archeryhistory.com before we see any pictures here.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

Here's a photo from the show(actually the limo to the show)with no caption.

Hey Look! It's a Motley Crew in a limo....

Not to be confused with "the Motley Crue" (Mick Mars-right, just doesn't look like he used to)...[8D]
Old 01-11-2006, 09:09 AM

"Man, ain't that the truth... Mathews says it'll do 322 (approximately, which we all know they're bad about over-inflating their speeds) but it takes a SIX-INCH BRACE HEIGHT to do it!!!! []

Take 10 fps off for going from a 30" draw to a 29", and the Tribute will still doup to318 with a 7 1/2" brace height! [8D] "

MQ1 Shooter ..........just for clarification the Prestige shoots 322 on 29" draw..........it's not even available in 30" !! So 322fps on a 29" draw single cam with a 6" bh is pretty impressive........I don't care who's making it !!

Kinda interesting how you act all nice/interested over on the Mathews forum and seem to jump on them over here in Bowtech land !!

Oh and from my testing of a Tribute.........I got 260 fps on 30" 61# with a loop &WB rest and a 451 grain arrow ! That would make it IBO around 316 fps "if" I gave it 5 fps for the WB !! I would say that was a few fps short of 328 !! ................Now I did like the Tribute ....so I am not bashing .....I came real close to buying one ! But the one I was looking at did not perform as well as expected !!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

"over here in Bowtech land !!
CBM,

What are you talking about....didn't you know every web sight is BowTech land?Every place I go there is BowTech related topics everywhere. Actually archery talk has more over there than we do on this sight. What a bummer it must beto start your own chat board (archerytalk.com)trying toincrease sales for your product then have BowTech take over the entire thing and reap the benefits. HA! I'm only a BowTech fan from all the research I did on both web sights. I read, I listened, I tested and then I purchased. Couldn't be happier.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 AM

Don't get me wrong(I used to post here a lot) and I know there are some "great" people on this site ............with a wealth of information !!

I just got sick of crap like above ........Mathews is boring blah blah blah.....322 isn't fast for a 30" draw 6" bh bow(when the freakin' bow doesn't even come in a 30")..........and then blah blah blah about Bowtech !!

I have seen nothing earth shattering this year from anyone ...........nothing !!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:02 PM

look at my post about nubo's new strings. that'll shatter something.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

322 isn't fast for a 30" draw 6" bh bow
CBM, when did I EVER say the Prestigehad a 30" draw?!?I think you're inferring things that simply aren't there.I was very well aware that the Prestige is only available in a 29" draw; that's why there's the statement in there "Take 10 fps off for going from a 30" draw to a 29 (for the Tribute's IBO speeds so that we're talking apples to apples)." And you're right; 322 fps IS impressive... Just bothers me that it takes a six-inch brace height to make those speeds whena Tribute will get very close with a 7 1/2" brace.

Kinda interesting how you act all nice/interested over on the Mathews forum and seem to jump on them over here in Bowtech land !!
I went back and read through each and every of my whopping 20 posts that I've made to date over there, and just can't see what prompted that little remark; in fact, most of my posts over there have hadvery little to do with anybrand specifically. Most of them were like the one where I congratulated you "for using your noggin" in thanking your landowner by giving him some meat from the deer you killed on his land... Is that the kind of posts you were referring to?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

It also bothers me that a company won't listen to its customers; let me ask this: For how many years have literally hundreds and hundreds of customers been screaming on the internet for Mathews to make a longer axle-to-axle hunting bow, in full camoflage, with a moderate brace height (It really soundsto me as if everyone is asking them to makea modern-day MQ-1).

Now, the Switchback XT, to me, is probably the single nicest bow released from Mathews in a good while. Taking nothing away from their accomplishments with this bow, it's STILL not what their customers have been screaming for.

Quick Reply: Who's gonna be reporting back from the ATA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.