Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Post Pics Of Gibblet's Strings

Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Post Pics Of Gibblet's Strings

i don't know how many in the last year, a lot. a set takes me about 1:20 for a single cam and 1:50 for a dually or hoyt. however, i have a machine that allows me to apply a 34" run of serving on a rollerguard bow in about a minute or two.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

First before the pics............I can't tell you all how grateful I am for a new set of QUALITY strings. I got the strings yesterday when I got home from work. I didn't put them on because I left immediately to head up to the first leg of the Pete Rickards Scents Indoor Vegas Triple Crown shoot held in Saratoga Springs, NY and didn't want to retune the bow on the night of my first big shoot of the year. This is the first leg of the biggest indoor shoot in NY. In the middle of my 450 round, my peep started to turn on me..................[:@]...........up until this point I was pounding them too considering this was only my 6th time ever recording a score on a spots target. I started cranking the loop over to get the peep aligned before the first arrow on every end, I did this on 4 ends in a row before the first arrow, and every time the first arrow went 1.5" right into the same hole barely catching a 9 (thank god for 2512's).............it cost me 4 points and dropped me down to a 439 when my personal goal was a 440+. After those 4 I realized what was going on, and just started shooting with a peep that was slightly turned because it was the most consistent thing to do. [:@][:@][:@] Needless to say, the new string is on the bow now.

Here is a pic of the string combo. Below that is a pic of the bow with the old strings just so you can see how the color combo looks on the black marble riser. I think I may need a blue/silver/black wrist sling now. This string is definatley a piece of work........

Old 01-21-2006, 09:43 PM

oh lord, please get a good number of shots on that thing before competing.

cause i'd hate that to happen to the ones i made at the wrong time.

it was very difficult to get everything surrounded with blue, its basically a 4 color string.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

oh lord, please get a good number of shots on that thing before competing.

cause i'd hate that to happen to the ones i made at the wrong time.

it was very difficult to get everything surrounded with blue, its basically a 4 color string.
No worries my man, I know to put quite a few on it before then. I am putting about 100-150 arrows through the bow 4-5 days a week as my practice routine for indoor season. I had an honest 500-750 shots on the stock string though before this started to happen, enough that it should have been settled by then since it is supposed to be 452x. It just started to happen at the perfectly wrong time. Anyhow, I only put the latest string/cable set on that came from you, the others are in my tool box as backup sets. Going tomorrow to get it settled in and the bow retuned.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:07 AM

and a better picture?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet ! WOW do I ever like them ,they look look absolutely awsome ,great job .

nubo
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ordered a set this past Saturday for my Hoyt. Looking forward to putting it on there.

Shane