Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Loop Needed on a Trykon?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:55 PM

Default String Loop Needed on a Trykon?

I just bought a Trykon and about to have the pro-shop set it up. I've always hunted with longer ATA bows and never used a loop. Do you guys think a loop is necessary on theTrykon with a 33" ata? I've shot it without a loop in the shop without a problem but I didn't know if the angle at full draw, 28.5", would pinch the nock too much??? If I can get away without a loop I prefer not to use one.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Loop Needed on a Trykon?

If you prefer to shoot without a loop, theres a release made that grips above and below the nock called the James Greene " alligator", I believe.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 AM

Thanks... right now I shoot with a Fletch Hunter Concho release and have for the past 11 yrs... so I prefer not to change my release becasue this one is indestructable and I have a lot of confidence in it. I did look for the release you suggested in a few catalogs last night and also did a Google search but came up dry.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 AM

I shot off the string for MANY years and just recently went to a string loopand a Carter quickie release. This release is VERY short and you can adjust it so you don't realize any draw length change. The trigger is very crisp and with almost no trigger travel. I hunted with this combo last year and I can say that I have complete confidence in it. The hook on the release dosen't wear the loop and I have not had any issues in "finding" the loop in the heat of the moment like I thought I might.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

First place I looked has the release- Archery Experts, has the James Green Gator Jaw release.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Walks... thanks... I'll check out the Carter release.

John... thanks for doing the search. I tooka look but it is hard to tell what type of trigger and jaw it has from the picture... but it does look like it will work. Do you know anybody who has used them before?
Old 01-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used it and alot of my customers use it with no problems. It's great for short bows and people who don't like loops. Tuning isn't a problem with it. It has jaws that go onto the string above and below the arrow nock, relieving nock pinch, like a loop, and has a trigger like a regular caliper release. With todays shorter bows and alot of people not trusting , or disliking loops , this is the ticket.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 AM

Thanks again John.... I'm plan to try the bow without a loop first... if I have a problem I will go to this release next. Thanks for your help.