Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thanks for the "shoot all the bows" advice

Old 12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Spike

Default Thanks for the "shoot all the bows" advice

I just wanted to thank all of the people on here who repeatedly say that one should go out and shoot all the bows they can, then buy the one that "feels" right for them regardless of price. I hit the store today and, after shooting a bunch of higher priced bows, walked out with a Reflex Excursion bow all set up for me. When he handed it to me to try out, my first two arrows hit each other, the guy asked me to shoot at a different dot after adjusting the sights, and again my second arrow was right on (but didn't hit) the first arrow. In the end, I just plain liked the Excursion bow much better than the other bows I had been trying out, and shot it better than all of them too!!!!

Now all I have to do is practice a lot before next year's hunting season.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks for the "shoot all the bows" advice

Congrats on your new bow. that model has impressive specs with the handle almost in front of the riser, about as closed to deflexed as they get anymore. Looks to be a real shooter.

Old 12-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Yay another satisfied customer. good choice on the reflex you won't be dissapointed
Old 01-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow. Sounds like you are shooting very good already. Just remember to keep shooting at different spots because them arrows are expensive.