Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which arrow do you like????

Old 12-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Default RE: Which arrow do you like????

i shoot gold tip xt's 5575 but now i shoot gold tip xt traditional little stiffer arrow found it flies better for my setup 9.4 grains vs. 8.2 @5575 tried axis still verdict not out on them durablity on gt seems better to me
Old 12-30-2005, 04:38 PM

You know what, It was a web site in Australia! No wonder the amount for the ACC's was so different.
I'm having about 1.5" cut off my arrows (the 400's) and will test them at the range when they get done. Hopefully, as was suggested before, the shorter arrow will have the proper spine for the 60#'s I'm leaving the bow at.
Darn, I like buying new stuff.
An equiptment junkie!
Old 01-01-2006, 06:29 PM

Final resolve! I had a tech cut 1.5" off the arrows (Axis ST 400's) and the grouping and overall performance is already noticable! Guess I'll just keep 'em.

Thanks all . . .
Old 01-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO you have experienced what proper spine can do.Also,your confidence may be up with the equipment,which might more important than any arrow or bow.I also feel that not having arrows way out past the rest adds a SMALL amount of forgiveness,especially if there is torque,or an arrow that comes out of the bow a little crooked for some reason.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 AM

Final resolve! I had a tech cut 1.5" off the arrows (Axis ST 400's) and the grouping and overall performance is already noticable! Guess I'll just keep 'em.

Thanks all . .
Was that with broadheads? Group size with field tips is pretty much irrelevant, unless you're not a hunter.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:22 AM

Field points. My broadheads of choice this year were/are the NAP Crossfire's in 100gr. I know these shoot a little to the left and even have my rest marked for broad head and fieldpoint. Suptle adjustments are always a foregone conclusion.
However, I am considering going to a two blade like the Magnus Stinger because I read how well they track close to the field point. I have used mechanicals in the past and they too fly very close to the fieldpoints, but wounding and never recovering two Elk left a bad taste in my mouth concerning mechanicals.